No announcement yet.

Why are used EVH's all over the place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are used EVH's all over the place?

Hi Guys,
    I don't post here much these days but that may change as I've started playing again and fallen back in lust with my '88 soloist (J4400). Anyway, I have an EVH and was going to sell it to a neighbor to fund a custom shop guitar but we noticed the prices on ebay completed auctions are all over the place. It's a black and white (ser 0995).

Is there some mojo facor to these things now?

thanks,
    Paul

No mojo, prolly just alot of shill bidders jacking up prices. The low auctions are more than likely what they are actually worth.

Comment

Also, it may be possible that some of the really high-priced ones you're seeing were the ones that Ed hand-painted & auctioned off.

Just did a completed listings search, and it looks like $1500 - $1800 is the ballpark for production B/W art series. Some retailers keep putting them up for $2600 (MAP, I guess?) but they never get any bids.
      Last edited by dg; 04-18-2008, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Black and white with black pickguard? As low as $1350.00... to $1700
        used... No one is going to pay anything higher than $1900 for one imo.
        My brother in law bought a brand new one...authorised dealer for $1529.00 out the door.
        High prices...are just that..it's what stuff actually sells for ,and allot
        of the time they are selling to Europe, where they can command 1/3rd
        more.

Comment

Working...
        X