No announcement yet.

Fretboard crack and headstock clearcoat bubble :O(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've seen the befores, show us the afters.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post

We've seen the befores, show us the afters.

Polished Brass TR Cover by "Budman68" Dave, fresonthenet.com
      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Holy crumpets that thing is gorgeous!! Nice indeed!!

Can't wait to see beachjammers...
        Last edited by stevoc; 05-18-2008, 09:36 PM.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
          sully:That is what I wanted,a new neck.When Fender replied they explained to me that because the instruments are all hand made and very slightly that a new neck may not fit per specs.Sending it back to them then gives them 100% control over the repair (by custom shop techs) not some kid/so called tech ,clown I mean at a music store fitting a new neck.
          They would repair/replace what ever they decide to do.I was at first dissapointed and almost demanded a new neck.However I then thought. .well now the body and neck dates won't match,so they refinished my orignal neck (has a beauty mark in the maple)so I know 100% it's my orignal neck back on.
          I don't know if I had special treatment,but I am very pleased with the turn around time from drop off to pick up was 31 days.The refinish looks 10X better than the orignal one did.Not only is the new logo much brighter gold,its more defined and they threw a Strathead size logo on my pointy

ps:You cannot tell besides the Smaller logo that it was ever repaired,they went over the entire neck too,and buffed the body. . totally went over it.Looked and played Fantastic when I got it back.I have a special thing w/this particular Charvel,it's a keeper.
          from what you went through with your neck (and what this current issue is), there's no reason to replace it; it's way easier (and more cost effective) to fix it than to scrap it. and if done properly, you shouldn't notice that it was redone.

you should have seen the stuff that was wrong with my jcf 01; i sent it back, they made the necessary repairs, and you wouldn't notice the difference.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I can't wait to get it back! The Charvel custom shop has it right now! My neck has some flame in it up until it gets to the quatersawn part so I'll be able to tell if it's original or not. I'm not concerned with numbers matching up as I won't be getting rid of it so whatever they decide to do is fine with me. I also have to ad that the guy I've been dealing with at FMIC/Charvel has been exceptional. I was uptight about the situation in the begining and he was just trying to go by the book and proper procedures. We've talked several times now and he has reallly made the effort to keep me informed and make sure I'm taken care of.

Comment

that's awesome, man; i'm glad that you're getting the service that you deserve!

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nice update,keep us posted.Rest assured they will do a excellent job on the repair/refinish.

Comment

Guys I just got my Charvel back yesterday!!!!! So we're only talking around a 5 week wait time from shipment til I got it back. Man, I'm speechless on the Charvel! The guy at the store let me open the box and we set the case up on the table and opened it. He and I both had to pick our jaws up off the floor! The finish is so much better! My heart litterally skipped a beat and I thought I was gonna have to grab a box of tissues it looked so good! The custom shop told me that when they disassembled it they noticed a few dings under the trem so they refinished the whole body for me! I picked it up and to my disbelief the neck is better than it was before! The guy at the store and I both agreed that as good as the guitar was before I sent it , it's a WHOLE lot better now that I did. It's set up perfect and the quality, care and craftsmanship that they put into my guitar is mindblowing. This guitar plays better than any other Jacksons or Charvels I've ever owned or played. I think it's even better than my old guitar teacher's original San Dimas Charvels, which is what made me want one for so long to begin with. It's so easy to play and sounds sssssssssooooooooooooo good! I couldn't be happier! They've did a fantastic job and I'm going to give them a call this afternoon and let them know how much I appreciate the care they put in my guitar and the gratitude that they've shown me! I'll post some pics later.

Comment

Awesome!!!!!!
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Here's some pics! I just can't stop looking at it let alone playing it!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Gorgeous, Beachjammer! Glad to hear it worked out so well for you. And what a story!

Comment

Great news! Sweet looking Charvel you got there.

Comment

Great looking Charvie, and glad they took good care of you. Congrats.

Comment

Kick ass! Glad it worked out for you. Is that black cherry? That color rules!!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                                Nice update,keep us posted.Rest assured they will do a excellent job on the repair/refinish.

beachjammer: I quoted myself,just so I can say "see I told you so"

I told you they would take care of you,aren't you glad you didn't get a new neck?
                                Mine took 4 weeks,so 5 is an excellent leadtime too. Mine is a keeper too,please post some pix and congrats you got it back in your hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X