No announcement yet.

Fretboard crack and headstock clearcoat bubble :O(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith!!! How have you been? Sorry I missed this post previously, I had no idea there were any issues with your Charvel but I'm glad to hear they are resolved.
    I've bought a couple high end guitars from Keith before and can attest that he keeps his axes in impecable shape!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Keith, I am so pleased that FMIC stepped up and took care of you. That is a bad ass guitar enjoy!

Comment

That's just a real pretty guitar.
        Deep Burgundy?
        Dunno what they call it, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen it before, but damn is that ever gorgeous.
        A+

Glad they did the right thing by you.
        It's good for all of us to know that they are standing by the work.
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post

I told you they would take care of you,aren't you glad you didn't get a new neck?
          They did build me a new neck and it's ALOT better than the other one. I don't know their usual process but it's like they measure this body and custom built the neck to fit. It's plays and feels 100 times better than it did! I couldn't be happier!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            Keith!!! How have you been? Sorry I missed this post previously, I had no idea there were any issues with your Charvel but I'm glad to hear they are resolved.
            I've bought a couple high end guitars from Keith before and can attest that he keeps his axes in impecable shape!
            Well I've been layed off but good! HA HA! My company went south, literally. So now I'm out of my electronics job of 15+ years but I'm going back to college so it's good. Plus I've got a killer Charvel to spend plenty of quality time with!

When are you gonna let me have Tigger back?! HA HA!

Comment

Hey, this is great! I'm glad they did a great job for you and you got it back so quickly!
              Sorry to hear about your job, but it sounds like you have some plans worked out for you. Best Wishes! That Charvie will make a great study break!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                Well I've been layed off but good! HA HA! My company went south, literally. So now I'm out of my electronics job of 15+ years but I'm going back to college so it's good. Plus I've got a killer Charvel to spend plenty of quality time with!

When are you gonna let me have Tigger back?! HA HA!
                Hi Keith;

Sorry to hear about your job, I didn't know about that. I know that a couple years back you mentioned that something might be up but I thought it worked out. What are you taking in college? As for Tigger, Tigger is resting comfortably in the case and well cared for Don't worry though, if I ever let her go you'll be the first person I contact
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  Hi Keith;

As for Tigger, Tigger is resting comfortably in the case and well cared for Don't worry though, if I ever let her go you'll be the first person I contact

You know I had to ask :O)

As for what I'm going to do, I'm getting an Electrical /HVAC degree. I'm hoping that, combined with my 15+ years of electronics that by getting the degree and being licensed in both that I can get a decent job.

I just got back from a rehearsal and used my Charvel! It sounded and looked fantastic. I'm using it in a gig tomorrow at Church and hope to have some vids to post. I was very skeptical about sending it back but it was the best thing I could have ever done. The guitar is so much better now. It plays like butter but screams like a banshee! When I roll the volume back though and switch to the center or neck position I get some killer jazz/blusey tones out of it.

Comment

Nice and congrats. Glad to so see you got a new neck out if it. As I said originally, that is the only way to fix that on a brand new guitar which they shipped in the wrong case.

Did they ship it in the correct case this time? They dont always break in shipping in strat cases, but it still aint right to use.
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

They shipped it back in the original case I had with it. I take it that I had the right case.

Here's a couple vids of where I used it to play in Church this evening! We had to keep it low key as there was alot of elderly people there but I couldn't resist using my newly refinshed Charvel!

Soul Obsession playing Sing A Song by Third Day at Singspiration 6/29/08

Soul Obsession playing Some Kind Of Wonderful for the Singspiration at Southside Christian Church on 6-29-08

Comment

I think your making the right career move. This is coming from someone who just had to have a new HVAC system put in my house $$$.

Comment

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!! That is a beautiful guitar. The vids are great, nice work. The band I was in many moons ago played SKoW (except we sucked). I noticed in one of the other vids you have an EBMM JP...hopefully one of those will be in the rack next to my DK1 at some point. Good luck with school.
                          Mike
                          ---------
                          1991 Dinky - Custom Shop
                          Dean EVO "Special Select"
                          Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
                          Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Comment

Well.... I know I'm probably gonna catch smack for this but.... I have two Music Man Petrucci model guitars that are my main axes and I use them 99.9% of the time. Last night is the first gig in over 5 years that I didn't have one of them with me but my buddy had his new JP BFR there I could use just in case I broke a string :O)

Comment

Yep, might be a little risky ...I'll take the blame for asking though..
                              Mike
                              ---------
                              1991 Dinky - Custom Shop
                              Dean EVO "Special Select"
                              Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
                              Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Comment

It says alot about the state of my Charvel now though since I chose it over the guitars I've used for the past 5+ years!

Comment

Working...
                                X