NOS strap pin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS strap pin question

It's been some time since I've seen an original brass strap pin/button up close but I think they are a little larger than other manufactureres' pins. Will most straps work with the Charvel pins or do the straps need to be "opened up" to fit over the end of the pins?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by fuel0707; 04-26-2008, 09:33 AM.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Go Here: http://www.fretsonthenet.com/USACharvel.htm
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

They're 17mm. I've never had to modify a strap for them and they just squeeze through, which is a good thing, imo. I just use basic black leather straps and always have, so I haven't tried a bunch of brands with them, though. I think they're the best standard-type strap buttons out there, but I still recommend straplocks for security & peace of mind, especially if you gig with the guitar.

Comment

I agree on the straplock suggestion and all of my other guitars have them. I was just curious that if I need to use the guitar before I can get some straplocks, would a simple, basic strap work without having to perform surgery on the opening of the strap.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
          I was just curious that if I need to use the guitar before I can get some straplocks, would a simple, basic strap work without having to perform surgery on the opening of the strap.
          YES
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X