Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red San Dimas Star - I'm an owner...I think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red San Dimas Star - I'm an owner...I think!

I just won this guy on ebay:

Newer San Dimas Star, NOS brass trem (yes - I like them!), maple neck (another +1 in my book), with case, newer neckplate (#6062)...

Looks like this guy is mistaken on it being "new" - I saw no fewer than 2 JCF'ers that owned it previously...

Question - at $650 shipped (with case), I'm thinking fair deal, provided the guy comes through as promised. The only downside I see is the hokey neckplate they used for a time there...

Any comments? Thanks!
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
    I just won this guy on ebay:

Newer San Dimas Star, NOS brass trem (yes - I like them!), maple neck (another +1 in my book), with case, newer neckplate (#6062)...

Looks like this guy is mistaken on it being "new" - I saw no fewer than 2 JCF'ers that owned it previously...

Question - at $650 shipped (with case), I'm thinking fair deal, provided the guy comes through as promised. The only downside I see is the hokey neckplate they used for a time there...

Any comments? Thanks!
    Definately doesn't look new either. Doesn't look bad though, just notice some signs of usage and the screws in the trem and pickup ring are a little rusty. It look like a great deal for that price though, and I don't mind the neckplate at all.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the rust too, but they (the screws) are easily changed. Nice guitar and an even better price. I never thought I'd be able to get a star that cheap. I guess I just have to keep searching and get lucky one day. Play it in good health!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

I'll bet he has acidic sweat thats why the rust.Great deal.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice score. Me Jealous

Comment

Right on, feeling better about it...the price was right, even with a little shilling going on to get it up to $600+...will post pics when it gets here...

Comment

Nice score. I believe those neckplates were used on a bunch of the first run they came out with, then they changed to the 3D plates. Mine is serial 6768 and has a 3D plate. At least they put the strap button in the middle and not on the top, right screw of the plate like on the 3D plates.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I really like the pointy headstock... much better on this body style
                than having the out of place(imo) strat headstock! Great find!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                  I really like the pointy headstock... much better on this body style
                  than having the out of place(imo) strat headstock! Great find!
                  Yeah - it's not going to be making it to too many jazz and blues jams... :ROTF:

Comment

That is cool, great deal
                    Strap button is much better positioned, looks hawt

Comment

Looks like a pretty good deal and as much as I like strat headstocks, I think the pointy looks better on the Star.

Enjoy it!
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                      X