SO when the new line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO when the new line?

I'm about jonesing for the new reasonably priced line of Charvel stratheads.

*looksinoven*

"are they ready yet?"

will they make us wait until Summer NAMM? 2009?
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Originally posted by skorb View Post
    I'm about jonesing for the new reasonably priced line of Charvel stratheads.

Me too. I hope the wait isnt THAt long... Since there were some pics of them being built floating around the net I'm hopeful we'll see them sooner than 09
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

What's considered "reasonably priced?" I hope I can afford one!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

The rumored street price is ~$1000. The other rumor is that they'll be made on the Fender line, which I guess makes sense if they're trying to trim costs. I'll hold off on my opinions about that until I get to play one.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          The rumored street price is ~$1000. The other rumor is that they'll be made on the Fender line, which I guess makes sense if they're trying to trim costs. I'll hold off on my opinions about that until I get to play one.
          So does that make it a rear loaded Fender?

Comment

We shall see. Some people will say so no matter what (already are actually), but if they get the necks right & have good QC, I think there's some potential. It will be interesting to see what the reaction will be if they turn out great. IMO, there will be some resentment among people who shelled out $1800 - $3k, and some will draw a line at a particular serial # range or whatever to make a distinction. It will make for interesting eBay descriptions, at least.

Comment

My lips are sealed but I am a Charvel dealer, so...

Matt

Matt's Music Center
              35 Pleasant St
              Weymouth MA 02190 USA
              781-335-0700
              www.mattsmusic.com
              Last edited by mattsmusiccenter; 05-19-2008, 12:52 PM.
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I just talked to WMC....it's confirmed for NAMM (next week)...and then all HELL's gonna break loose!! QC's supposed to be TIT's up - like DG, I'll reserve judgement until I play one....2 hum, floyd, strat head in RED....

Comment

Originally posted by eddyrox View Post
                  I just talked to WMC....it's confirmed for NAMM (next week)...and then all HELL's gonna break loose!! QC's supposed to be TIT's up - like DG, I'll reserve judgement until I play one....2 hum, floyd, strat head in RED....
                  Hey, I am buying the whole Jackson/Charvel booth for Matt next week, so you all will get your shot at one.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    We shall see. Some people will say so no matter what (already are actually), but if they get the necks right & have good QC, I think there's some potential. It will be interesting to see what the reaction will be if they turn out great. IMO, there will be some resentment among people who shelled out $1800 - $3k, and some will draw a line at a particular serial # range or whatever to make a distinction. It will make for interesting eBay descriptions, at least.
                    I would say that the market has already spoken, as the Customs are going for so very cheap.

Then again, when the GMP line stopped, the guitars were practically being given away, and even shortly afterward, they were not much in demand. Three or four years later the prices skyrocketed.

Comment

Working...
                    X