Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel "Made in USA"

Hi guys:

I'm looking at a charvel and had a question.

1. The serial number is 3620.
    2. He is saying that the original owner bought the guitar in 1986.
    3. The headstock has the "made in USA" on it.
    4. Kahler trem
    5. Tuners are non-original...They have a R on them

....I did not ask for pictures of the neck pocket.

My question is: When did the "Made in USA" start to appear on the headstocks? The serial# would indicate a 1984 built date. It was hard to tell from the gallery when I looked at some of the pics. My eyes are really failing me.

joe...
    Last edited by GodWentPUNK; 05-19-2008, 10:48 AM.
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Great site full of information about Charvel guitars, along with plenty of pictures!

Comment

Not sure of the exact date, but "Made in USA" in the logo is correct for that year. Both my '82 s-heads also have the "Made in USA" in the logo.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Let me know if you get it,I have a Gold Kahler Pro 2 on my 86 that I'd love to swap for Blk,I have blk tuner's, Trade?
        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
          Let me know if you get it,I have a Gold Kahler Pro 2 on my 86 that I'd love to swap for Blk,I have blk tuner's, Trade?
          arent you right handed?
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Nah. he's a lefty.
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
              Nah. he's a lefty.
              then when have too many memebers with the letter D in the'r names that are only 2 or 3 letters! :ROTF:

It must've been DG then who I am thinking of
              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                I actually like all black hardware myself so I'd probably keep the bridge. The tuners are original from which Chuck has shown me but I think I'll swap those out for back ones eventually.

However, I do have a 3rd 1984 charvel with a black bridge that I might work something out with. I thinking I can take to gold tunes from this one and your gold bridge to add to my 1984 black charvel.

Again as stated, all of my gear if left handed... However, some of the kahlers have a hole on both sides of the bridge so they would work fine either as a lefty or righty.

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                X