Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally here - Red San Dimas Star!

One month later...the Star arrives!

It was absolutely filthy when it got here, spent an hour with lighter fluid and a rag, and here it is. Plays great, came with a G&G case as well, here's the link to the auction - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=020

...and the previous thread - http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...highlight=6062
    (sorry for the repost, no edit function!)
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Looks like you scored a great deal. Congrats!

Comment

Lovely man congrats.

Comment

Very cool. Congrats on a nice score.

Comment

Such a nice guitar. Great buy.

Comment

Wow, that's nice! enjoy it!

Comment

Looks great! You did good.

Comment

What a bargain!

Looks awesome.
                Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
                  What a bargain!

Looks awesome.
                  The price was right, especially with the G&G case included. The guy had pretty bad feedback, but looking closer, it was all for taking a month to ship things. I'm patient, so no real problem here! I have to admit, once we got to 3 weeks with no communication, I WAS starting to get a little worried!

Still plays sweet, the unfinished maple fretboard was something else before I attacked it with naptha, a rag, and elbow grease (you might have mistaken it for rosewood when I cracked open the case!). It's still pretty well stained, but I'll refer to it as "character" from here on out
                  Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Congrats on getting it finally. Sounds like the seller was a real Bozo Now get you some Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish and make her perfect. I learned about the stuff on the LP forum, got some and posted about it in the Q/A section awhile back. The best out there an no silicones! The stuff is expensive at $12 a bottle, but will last a long time. 1 bottle of each and your set.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

cool Star..congrats and enjoy!
                      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Nice Charvie,me like Red. How do you like the unfinished neck?
                        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
                        X