Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade a "Speed Neck" for color choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade a "Speed Neck" for color choices?

This is refering to the new USA Production Model Series that everyone, including me, is excited about!

Assuming Chavel needs to keep the same number of variations to keep the price down,
    would people trade the custom colors for the option of the thin "Speed Neck" that is normally only offered on Custom Shops?
    Yes, I would give up color for a speed neck option
    12.50%
    No, I would like to see the rotating colors continue
    87.50%
    Last edited by tanpsi; 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM.

I vote yes, obviously!!!

Comment

I thought the Charvel necks were pretty much speed necks anyway. At least the last USA (pointy) models were that they put out a few years ago. Not sure about the Stratheads. Are the neck dimensions posted online anywhere?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No. Black guitars are boring and "speed" necks don't help me play any better.

Comment

Keep the colors coming!

Comment

Let's try not to turn Charvels into "those other Jacksons", shall we?

Let these Charvels be what they are.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The recent Charvel pointy specs were the same as a DK1: .750" at the 3rd fret, .810" at the 12th, which is actually thinner than the speed neck specs (.775 at 3rd, .835" at 12th). The strathead specs that were posted in one of the pricelists a couple years ago were .735" at the 3rd, .850" at the 12th, which is only .015" thicker at the 12th than speed neck spec. If these CNC production necks are similar to the custom strathead specs, they should be plenty thin for somebody used to playing a KV2 or whatever, but it will be a different feeling neck for a lot of reasons.

Comment

I'll take the colors. Charvel necks are pretty fast as they are.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                  I'll take the colors. Charvel necks are pretty fast as they are.
                  +1
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

since i dont play the color and really prefer the thinnest neck possible
                    you know how i voted
                    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                      since i dont play the color and really prefer the thinnest neck possible
                      you know how i voted
                      Limited colors & thinnest necks seems more like Ibanez RG territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Let's try not to turn Charvels into "those other Jacksons", shall we?

Let these Charvels be what they are.
                        +1,000,000
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                          The recent Charvel pointy specs were the same as a DK1: .750" at the 3rd fret, .810" at the 12th, which is actually thinner than the speed neck specs (.775 at 3rd, .835" at 12th). The strathead specs that were posted in one of the pricelists a couple years ago were .735" at the 3rd, .850" at the 12th, which is only .015" thicker at the 12th than speed neck spec. If these CNC production necks are similar to the custom strathead specs, they should be plenty thin for somebody used to playing a KV2 or whatever, but it will be a different feeling neck for a lot of reasons.
                          The pointy Star I got a couple years ago has basically the speed neck shape. And I believe McD confirmed that's what they were similar to as well.
                          My Dean V Mustaine model has the same neck shape which is also based on the KV2 speed neck profile that Mustaine preferred. The Dinky is indeed thinner. Maybe Charvel has been varying the thickness of the pointies? I think the speed necks are thin enough and really don't see a need for anything thinner.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm hoping and believe that the "Strathead" necks are rounder and fuller than the San Dimas Pointy I have.I already have 3 thin "D"/speed necks and really don't want another one.(back profile, not talking about radius)
                            You "Strathead" owners chime in,What's the deal?
                            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

My '06 strathead is fuller than my '05 pointy. Both are right at the advertized thickness spec at the 12th (.810 for the pointy, .850 for the strathead). The strathead is not anywhere near as thin at the 3rd as what the specs said. It's fuller there than the pointy. The biggest difference that I notice in the necks is that the strathead has nicely rolled fretboard edges, whereas the pointy wasn't rolled at all. They feel very different, but I'm pretty adaptable and like them both. Both are fast, playable necks. The pointy feels more like a shredder, and the strathead felt more broken in from the get-go. I switch back & forth between them with no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X