Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade a "Speed Neck" for color choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
    the sheep too quick for you this spring out in Scotland?
    now that was funny
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Well, ya know what they say,, If yer gonna frag a sheep.. Make sure ya take it to the edge of a cliff
      RIP Erika Nicole 1/09/88--7/05/08

http://indiemusicworks.com/Axe/
      http://www.myspace.com/axe57

Comment

Ok... wait... I'm kinda lost here. Are you guys saying the new Charvel USA series guitars coming with the speed profile? I think I just popped a chubby over here. Thats my favorite neck profile of ANY guitar manufacturer... EVER. If that's the case, where do I order!

If I am way off base here, feel free to ignore me. Perhaps I'm dreaming haha. If I had the choice between speed profile and more colors I'd choose the neck profile. You can always repaint a guitar....
        - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
          Hey why are you so cranky? the sheep too quick for you this spring out in Scotland?
          ouch!!!...I probably deserve that !

well played sir

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
            Ok... wait... I'm kinda lost here. Are you guys saying the new Charvel USA series guitars coming with the speed profile? I think I just popped a chubby over here. Thats my favorite neck profile of ANY guitar manufacturer... EVER. If that's the case, where do I order!

If I am way off base here, feel free to ignore me. Perhaps I'm dreaming haha. If I had the choice between speed profile and more colors I'd choose the neck profile. You can always repaint a guitar....
            No speed neck... the thing as some have stated the speed neck is not the thinest neck in the Jackson line up. The DK1 neck is thinner... I'm not sure how the SD neck profile compairs to the speed neck as I have never played a guitat with the speed neck. I think it's just a name that people like.... how cool is the name speed neck... pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by Axeslinger View Post
              Well, ya know what they say,, If yer gonna frag a sheep.. Make sure ya take it to the edge of a cliff
              You know too much about fragging sheep.... kind of scary

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                You know too much about fragging sheep.... kind of scary
                Axeslinger speaks the truth, not really too much to know, although if you cant find a cliff you can always use an oversized pair of boots and put the back legs in the tops.....

.....so I am told....

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                  ouch!!!...I probably deserve that !

well played sir

Your a good sport dude!, I'm never usually a wise guy here, but I got a few laughs, so I may start haha!
                  Last edited by tanpsi; 06-26-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                    No speed neck... the thing as some have stated the speed neck is not the thinest neck in the Jackson line up. The DK1 neck is thinner... I'm not sure how the SD neck profile compairs to the speed neck as I have never played a guitat with the speed neck. I think it's just a name that people like.... how cool is the name speed neck... pretty cool

Hey thanks for that info, I guess I was misleading people. I saw the term "speed neck"

on the Charvel price sheet and assumed it was the thinest: (page 9)

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

but I was too lazy to do the research to get the dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      The nut width has nothing to do with how skinny or thick a neck is. We're talking neck profile here (the backshape of the neck).
                      I agree but it does however change the feel of the neck
                      my '81 san dimas has a 1-3/4 nut and it is the best feeling neck i ever played.
                      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post

I got a Email and it said the necks are the same size/feel as the 3K custom shop ones
                        thats GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!
                        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Originally posted by savage View Post
                          I agree but it does however change the feel of the neck
                          my '81 san dimas has a 1-3/4 nut and it is the best feeling neck i ever played.
                          True. Jackson/Charvel's typical nut width is 1 & 11/16". I think the EVH might have the smaller 1 & 5/8". I know the SDs were all over the place and could vary between all three widths.
                          I bought my old Hamer back from another forum member at the beginning of the year, and I forgot it had 1 & 5/8. It did feel a little cramped with my fingers closer together compared to the 1 & 11/16 I'm used to on all my other guitars, but I have adjusted again no problem. My hands are a little on the smaller side, so it's not a big deal to me switching between those two. I've never played a 1 & 3/4 nut (that I know of offhand), and I'm sure it might take a little getting used to or even be a little difficult being wider than I'm used to.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            My hands are a little on the smaller side, so it's not a big deal to me switching between those two. I've never played a 1 & 3/4 nut (that I know of offhand), and I'm sure it might take a little getting used to or even be a little difficult being wider than I'm used to.
                            I also have smaller hands than say jimi or vai or allan holdsworth
                            but oddly enough the extra wide neck feels great in my hand??
                            When i first played the SD at the store back in 1981 it was love at first chord/note

Comment

Interesting. I'll have to try a guitar with that width some day just to see.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

FWIW the USA production guitars have a very fast neck
                                they are the same as a typical '82 neck shape

Comment

Working...
                                X