Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid strathead question - trust rod adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid strathead question - trust rod adjustment?

So the neck has moved on one of my stratheads. It's been hot, humid, and a lot of rain here lately - so it's probably just from the climate change. Hopefully, a quick truss rod adjustment will take care of it.

Wait. Did I say "quick"? There's the one vintage spec on the new stratheads that I dislike - truss rod adjustment at the heel. Now I've got to take the freakin' neck off. This won't be quick. I know, I know - not a big deal for you old hands that are used to this. But it sure ain't as convenient as adjusting at the head, instead. Anyway, enough with my whining...

Before starting, I just want to confirm that truss rod adjustment at the heel is the same as at the head. i.e., Counter-clockwise for more relief, and clockwise for less relief. Correct?

WTF is a "trust rod"? Just read that. That's what happens when you type with two fingers and half a brain.

Comment

Yes, it's the same. Clockwise to tighten, counter to loosen.

Comment

Time to pony up for an air conditioner

Comment

should have bought one of my bulletted stratheads ..

Seriouslsy, is it a figured neck pat? All my figured necks move and sall my quartersawn are stable.. gotta hate the North East for that
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            Yes, it's the same. Clockwise to tighten, counter to loosen.
            Cool. Thanks for confirming.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Time to pony up for an air conditioner
            I have central air, Don. :P

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
            should have bought one of my bulletted stratheads ..
            I loved 'em. If only they'd had a Floyd, I would've.

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
            Seriouslsy, is it a figured neck pat? All my figured necks move and sall my quartersawn are stable.. gotta hate the North East for that
            Yep, it's birdseye. This is the first one that I've had move noticeably. I guess I've been lucky so far.

Comment

Mission accomplished.

Bonus pic: work order numbers in the neck pocket, just like the old days.

Comment

Pat:Looks cool,I see it reads "no pull back".Was that something you requested/and or way you wanted it set up from the CS?
                As dg said, Counterclockwise will loosen the TR,thus giving you the concave effect,tightening the TR will flatten the neck.(Righty-Tighty)
                No more than A 1/4 turn,re-install ,tune up.Look at it in 24 hrs.
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Yeah, I spec'd no pullback for the Floyd on the work order for this one.

Comment

I always trust my rod
                    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
                    X