US Production pickups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Production pickups...

Is it just me or the So-Cal Model should have the SD pickups on it too... I haven't played or heard any of them yet but I think that the SD pickups on the other models fit more those guitars don't you think? and if you where going to put Dimarzios on them why not put a Super Distortion and PAF for that classic tone?
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

I'm a Duncan guy, but the Tone Zone is an excellent pickup. I prefer it to the Duncan JB, personally. If I get one of the models with a JB, I'm sure I'll be replacing it with a Custom, but that's me. It's all personal preference, and this is just something you have to deal with any time you buy a production guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
      Is it just me or the So-Cal Model should have the SD pickups on it too... I haven't played or heard any of them yet but I think that the SD pickups on the other models fit more those guitars don't you think? and if you where going to put Dimarzios on them why not put a Super Distortion and PAF for that classic tone?
      I was a bit suprised to see charvel using dimarzio's at all
      i prefer duncans
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

OLd school it should have been the dimarzio super distortion, but the tone zone is an awesome pickup and I think is a lot more popular. It helps that it's the closest pickup they sell to the pickup EVH used in the wolfgangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          OLd school it should have been the dimarzio super distortion, but the tone zone is an awesome pickup and I think is a lot more popular. It helps that it's the closest pickup they sell to the pickup EVH used in the wolfgangs.
          actually the tone zone is the closest to the dimarzio custom wound in the EBMM EVH sig
          the wolf pup is much more scooped and harsh and not at all like the TZ
          If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I'm very glad to see them using Dimarzios in some of the Charvels. It's about time. Nothing against Duncans, mind you - I love those, too. But 'zos rock just as hard. And it sure is a nice change of pace from the sad, tired JB/Jazz or JB/59 combos.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              I'm very glad to see them using Dimarzios in some of the Charvels. It's about time. Nothing against Duncans, mind you - I love those, too. But 'zos rock just as hard. And it sure is a nice change of pace from the sad, tired JB/Jazz or JB/59 combos.
              funny thing is that the old school original charvies had dimarzios mostly
              duncans were second to them back then?

Comment

all you ever hear on this board (and they do monitor it) is fuck the JB, give us more options. now they have. and think its a great choice. it will definately separate the sound of the So-Cal from the Model series. i love the Super Distortion aswell, but the TZ is more refined and not as loose in the low end and IMO a perfect choice for the pickguarded So-Cal.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[QUOTE][actually the tone zone is the closest to the dimarzio custom wound in the EBMM EVH sig
                  /QUOTE]I call all of them wolfgangs they all look the same to me.
                  ugly shape with some nice tops.

Comment

I LOVE ToneZones. I have one in my Charvel. They are like a JB, but without the sometimes overwhelming presence. Very tight, crunchy, and 80's. It also sounds usable and full coil-tapped, something the JB can't really claim. I like the JB a lot and it is probably my favorite pickup, but the ToneZone is the pickup for people who don't like the JB's harshness.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rich#6;1124063]
                      [actually the tone zone is the closest to the dimarzio custom wound in the EBMM EVH sig
                      /QUOTE]I call all of them wolfgangs they all look the same to me.
                      ugly shape with some nice tops.

they sound great though

Comment

I really wan't to play one!!!!!!!!!!!
                        '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                        '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                        custom made Les Paul
                        VOX Tonelab LE
                        Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                        ADA MP1
                        BBE 422A
                        Lexicon MPX-G2
                        ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                        Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          I LOVE ToneZones. I have one in my Charvel. They are like a JB, but without the sometimes overwhelming presence. Very tight, crunchy, and 80's. It also sounds usable and full coil-tapped, something the JB can't really claim. I like the JB a lot and it is probably my favorite pickup, but the ToneZone is the pickup for people who don't like the JB's harshness.
                          The Tone Zone is nothing like the JB. The TZ has more low mids and bass, the JB has more high mids and treble.
                          Also, the TZ is awesome, the JB not so much. :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            The Tone Zone is nothing like the JB. The TZ has more low mids and bass, the JB has more high mids and treble. :
                            which actually makes the TZ a "better" choice for the all maple neck, alder body strat.
                            My guess is that tone wise the so-cals are going to be much more brutal,punishing sounding than the JB loaded san dimas?
                            the JB is a cool pup but can be too bright in some guitars
                            they seem to work best is real warm guitars
                            I prefer the duncan distortion over both of those, that thing ROAR's in my
                            '81 charvel strat!
                            It sounds more punishing/crushing than my EMG 81 loaded DK1
                            I tried the TZ in the DK1 but it seemed to "slick" but it did have balls to spare!

Comment

Working...
                            X