Well... My Candy Tangerine Is Completely Apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... My Candy Tangerine Is Completely Apart

Got it, loved it, but I don't like the black hardware. It makes the orange look too dark imo.

So...

It's completely broken down, and i'm tracing the pickguard to send to WD, already ordered all chrome parts for it. Gonna put a white pickguard on with Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups. Will post pics once everything is reassembled.

wise choice! i love the tangerine but with all the black they look like Halloween guitars.

white, black or zebra pickups?

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

White.

I'm probably gonna get a 2nd pickguard made, white with 3 singles. I'll put that one on the lime green metallic So-Cal IF that's the next limited color, again with chrome hardware.

Comment

it will be interesting to see what that looks like with the chrome and white. I did consider a white pearl pg for a moment.

some say halloween guitar, but white would be the creamsicle axe.

I've ordered a gloss black/white/black pg for mine, and a regular black metal knob. I think that nicer pg with the white line in it will take some of the halloween thing away, we'll see
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          ...some say halloween guitar, but white would be the creamsicle axe.
          That's the first thing I thought too... Charvel creamsicle.

These new guitars are awfully tempting. They seem like a pretty good bargain too. You can't go wrong with a Charvel Strathead.

Comment

Funny thing, back in 86 or 87, I went and tried out with a band (as the bass player) and the guitarist had what I would call a creamsicle metallic rhoads. I always thought it looked great. So maybe that's why 21 years later i'm doing this...

who knows. I think it will look good, we'll see.

Comment

i like the creamsicle look a bit more than the Halloween look (not that it's ugly, i just jump right to thoughts of pumpkins when i see it...same goes for black and yellow guitars and thinking of bees) but i may be bias since one of my favorite guitars i own is orange with chrome hardware and creme pickups

-Mike
              www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Ralph E:Are you going to stay w/mini Grovers but chrome? or replace w/Schallers?
                Keep us posted,we love pix
                Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

I already ordered the mini Grovers. With the locking nut they're fine as far as i'm concerned. I had a chrome Floyd laying around, so all I need to do is get the pickguard traced and sent out, and buy some white pickups from Matt and get it back together. The pickguard is whats gonna slow it all down.

Comment

should be cool. .. cant wait to see the pics!!

Comment

Cool to see the hot rodding of Charvels flourish once again. These new Charvies are like the 5.0 Mustang of the automotive world, readily available and affordable and take great to aftermarket parts
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

No, I'd say with 3 of the models being black. . more like a "Grand National" baby.
                        Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                          it will be interesting to see what that looks like with the chrome and white.

+10

When do you think this thing will be ready? I think it will be cool.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Sending out the tracing to WD this week, everything else is or will be here by the time they get the guard back to me. So it's really up to WD at this point...

Comment

Ralph - great minds think alike. Exactly what I was thinking of doing with a tangerine one. I had even mocked it up on kisekae. Black would be OK too IMHO, but creamsicle and chrome will look badass...

Since I've already got a JB orange strat, though, I just decided to wait (hope) for a Pagan Gold SoCal later, instead. Lemon-creamsicles are very cool, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X