No announcement yet.

Pagan Gold Charvel Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care if it's a Ping or a Korean OFR, either way it's not the "real deal".
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Amen. This is not a "real" Floyd Rose. I don't care if Floyd Rose DID move the contract from Schaller to Asia, or if Schaller is outsourcing to Asia, this is NOT identical to the OFRs I've owned over the years, and thus is not a "real" Floyd Rose.

It's more than just a logo, it's a quality standard. While it doesn't ruin the guitar for me, these trems will definitely get replaced as soon as I get a chance.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's cool. What we're talking about are two different things, though. Just trying to clarify that.

One is a design specification and legal thing. i.e., This is an Original Floyd Rose trem, it is the OFR design spec, inc the legal basis. It is not another manufacturer's alternate design, done under a licensing agreement with Floyd. Bottom line: it's Floyd's trem and his original design. They just chose to have a different manufacturer than Schaller build this version, presumably for cost savings.

What you guys are talking about is a quality standard. Even if it is a (Korean-made) Original Floyd Rose trem, is it made of the same quality materials and to the same high quality tolerances that we're all used to with (German-made) OFRs?

Other than the "little things" mentioned, like the loose trem arm collar, I suspect we won't truly know the answer to this question until the trem has been in use for several years, and the experience is actually had. I suspect that it will be a lot better than most "licensed by" Floyds, but maybe not quite as high as a Schaller-made OFR. And, even then, they might refine the Korean-made version over time, as they themselves gain experience and work the kinks out or whatever.

As Sammy Hagar once said, "only time will tell if it stands the test of time".

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          I don't care if it's a Ping or a Korean OFR, either way it's not the "real deal".
          Quite yer wining, you could have ordered a CS and gotten a real floyd.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
            I made no mention of wine

If you meant whining, I wasn't doing that either. There has been a bunch of discussion about how these Asian made OFRs compare to the Schaller made OFRs - I was pointing out that they aren't as nice.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Say What?

FWIW: I like the Floyd on my So-Cal better than the Schaller Floyd on my 92 Dinky Rev.
              Call me crazy,but the screws on the Schaller that hold the saddles to the plate are too short,thus 3/6 screw holes are stripped out. My new Floyd's screws are alot longer and these saddles won't be popping foward like my Schaller.
              I do however like the Schallers bar on my new Floyd though.I like the longer "fine tuners" on the Floyd too,longer than the Schallers.I have 3 brand new springs for the Schaller too and the So-Cal just seems tighter/firmer. I can pull back on both.
              The Floyd on my new So-Cal is just fine and no need to replace it.
              Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                I made no mention of wine

If you meant whining, I wasn't doing that either. There has been a bunch of discussion about how these Asian made OFRs compare to the Schaller made OFRs - I was pointing out that they aren't as nice.
                Touche` - and I happen to agree with you, but that is neither here nor there.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Did someone say wine?
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                    Hmmm, 2 SoCals for $2000 + 2 German OFRs for $500 or one Custom Shop with a German OFR for $2500 and maybe a 2 year wait, lemme think about that.

No.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                      FWIW: I like the Floyd on my So-Cal better than the Schaller Floyd on my 92 Dinky Rev.
                      Call me crazy,but the screws on the Schaller that hold the saddles to the plate are too short,thus 3/6 screw holes are stripped out. My new Floyd's screws are alot longer and these saddles won't be popping foward like my Schaller.
                      I do however like the Schallers bar on my new Floyd though.I like the longer "fine tuners" on the Floyd too,longer than the Schallers.I have 3 brand new springs for the Schaller too and the So-Cal just seems tighter/firmer. I can pull back on both.
                      The Floyd on my new So-Cal is just fine and no need to replace it.
                      He wasn't referring to a Schaller Floyd. He was referring to the Schaller-made OFR on his GMW. Granted, it was a little confusing.

As for your trem on the Dinky Reverse, if it's a Jackson JT-590, the stripped intonation screws are a common problem. The one important difference between a JT-590 and a Schaller Floyd is that the Schaller Floyd has hardened threaded inserts for the intonation screws, while the JT-590 has them threaded directly into soft pot metal.

Comment

Working...
                      X