No announcement yet.

San Dimas Style 1 S/N 1849 in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Tim, but it'll never turn out that I'm a very clever bloke.

A few shops in the UK have promised to put these out (as pointed out by wibble in another thread) for between £550 and £649 when they're eventually launched here in the UK (September/October).
    Last edited by SEAN RAF; 07-25-2008, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
      They'll more than likely be more than that when they finally make it over here...
      I've been speaking to a dealer and the estimated price is around 700 UKP when they appear over here around Sept time.

Sean, where did you buy it from in the US? Was going to wait until Sept but looking at your pic I might just get one now.

Comment

Darrell, I got it from The Music Farm in Ohio. They posted it on Monday, here by 9:01am this morning. They charged me £50 shipping, excellent!.

Grow Your Passion® at The Music Farm with top Music and Instrument Brands, P.A., Lessons & Repairs. 20+ Years Locally Owned Offering Your Favorite Brands. NO TAX When We Ship Outside Ohio. Free Shipping Available. Click Add to Cart!

Comment

Thanks, just got authorisation from the boss (after the usual 'oh no not another guitar') and dropped them a mail :-)

Comment

Just got a mail back, looks like they've only got the black Strat or the gold Tele, I really wanted the red or tangerine.

Any other dealers that ship to the UK? Or which dealers in the UK are getting them in Sept - info over here on dates/prices seems a bit vague at the moment, I'd like to order one if I could.

Comment

Darrell, try Sounds Great in Manchester, one of the best shops I've ever dealt with;

0161 436 4799

Speak to Rick or Ben.

If you do a world wide search on Ebay, quite a few red Style 1's and tangerine So-Cal's come up in various US stores that are willing to ship to the UK.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-CHARVEL-Sa...andy-Red-Style-

Comment

Just to close the loop, a number of UK dealers are expecting these in Sept and are taking orders for a small deposit - now have one on order :-)

Comment

Will they honour a price they give now, darrellm? Or will they tell you how much when they get it?
                    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Both dealers I've spoken to have quoted me 629 UK pounds. Guess we'll have to wait until Sept. to see if that changes.

Comment

Well done! Mine is in bits on the bench in the shed, I'm waiting for a D-Tuna and a Tremol-No. I used it on both Friday and Saturday's gigs, even though it still had the factory 9's on it. The neck pickup is exactly the sound I was hoping for. The best metallic red I've ever seen, almost 3D.

Comment

Hi Darrell,

Many thanks for the order, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one of these machines!! I do like the red San Dimas 1 but I've already got a red pointy SD HH with a maple board. I'm going to wait to see whats next.......hopefully a green one!!

Cheers
                          Steve

Comment

No problem Steve, I'm looking forward to getting it.

They way these are priced you're not going to be afraid of gigging it, so I think this is gonna replace my Flying V as the other guitar I take to gigs....a Les Paul and V were a bit too similar, but a Les Paul and Charvel, into an Engl rig....phew, I'm getting excited just thinking of it :-)

I'm trying to get a mate to order the orange one from you ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by darrellm View Post
                              No problem Steve, I'm looking forward to getting it.

They way these are priced you're not going to be afraid of gigging it, so I think this is gonna replace my Flying V as the other guitar I take to gigs....a Les Paul and V were a bit too similar, but a Les Paul and Charvel, into an Engl rig....phew, I'm getting excited just thinking of it :-)

I'm trying to get a mate to order the orange one from you ;-)

Thanks Darrell, I've got one on order.........just hope that we get our allocation as these are all going to be very limited according to my rep.

Comment

SEAN - that's a great-looking Charvel. If I was getting one of them, that's the color that I'd want out of the ones released thus far.
                                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                                X