So-Cal Knob Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So-Cal Knob Theory

Dammit... typo in the title... should be KNOB theory.
    LOL

The strange Knob was intentional, in order to give screw counters and players alike a common rally point of discontent, and to highlight just how few other complaints there are that we can all agree with.

Discuss

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

I bet if you put one of these knobs on an acoustic made from plywood, then strike a string directly over the sound hole, it will sustain for at least 10 seconds. However, the guitar must not have cost more than $29.99 and the plywood must not be from Bulgaria. Doe Ray Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SEEGERMANY; 07-27-2008, 06:54 AM.
    "POOP"

Comment

Lol!
      --floydkramer

Comment

There's no doubt in my mind that this knob was designed for "shreaders." It should also appeal in functionality to those that use the Braille Method. I predict that this knob will be extremely popular with the Ice Road Truckers. Endorsed by the makers of

"POOP"

Comment

I don't see why people don't like the knob. No, it's not the same old knob they've used since 1980. So f'n what?

Revel in the differenceness of it.

The real question: how long before Ibenhad and ESPee rip that off?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

True enough Newc... it's bound to be the next craze... first it was the Floyd Rose, then the Mace-Knob from Charvel.
            --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
              Dammit... typo in the title... should be KNOB theory.
              LOL

The strange Knob was intentional, in order to give screw counters and players alike a common rally point of discontent, and to highlight just how few other complaints there are that we can all agree with.

Discuss

Fixed "know" to "knob"...

I believe that they were going for one thing with these guitars, to be PLAYER'S guitars, not collectors. In keeping with that goal, I think that on a sweaty stage at midnight, the knob is actually very functional. It's just something we're all not used to seeing (and feeling) and most are having a hard time adjusting (including me).

Comment

From what I've seen these knobs look like they may have once been Rob Halford's anal beads. They might be worth alot more than you think!!!
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

The ONLY Knob you need.
                  "POOP"

Comment

That's it. I'm naming my band So-Cal Knob Theory

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                      From what I've seen these knobs look like they may have once been Rob Halford's anal beads.

I think we are putting way more thought into it than they did. I don't like them and just switched them out for the original knobs.
                      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Y'know what'd be funny? If under that rough exterior lurked an original NOS brass knob
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Y'know what'd be funny? If under that rough exterior lurked an original NOS brass knob
                          --floydkramer

Comment

nhspike : I think I have figured out "the knob" theory. It's a brass knob,then sprayed with "Line-X".You know the truck liner coatings. .same type of hardness/texture and not very black either. Think about it.
                            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                              nhspike : I think I have figured out "the knob" theory. It's a brass knob,then sprayed with "Line-X".You know the truck liner coatings. .same type of hardness/texture and not very black either. Think about it.
                              We may have a winner!
                              :ROTF:
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X