So-Cal Knob Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
    I don't like them and just switched them out for the original knobs.
    Uhh, you mean non-original knobs, right? The ones that came on the guitars are the original knobs.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hold on a sec... do these knobs sound scrachy or any other problem? or the problem that people have with them is that its rubber?
      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
      custom made Les Paul
      VOX Tonelab LE
      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
      ADA MP1
      BBE 422A
      Lexicon MPX-G2
      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
      Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
        Hold on a sec... do these knobs sound scrachy or any other problem? or the problem that people have with them is that its rubber?
        Knobs are fine, just different thats all.

EJ

Comment

I don't think they are rubber ... they are metal covered by some sort of rough powder coat type of thing. I think the main reason people are reacting to them is that they have a very rough feel to them.

There's no loosing grip on these volume knobs!
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
            No,no noise in the volume pot itself,we are all talking about the "feel" of the knobs texture,no noise what so ever,no static or scratchie-ness.
            They used good quality CT pots.
            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

i just think it looks like pure ugly ass and cheapens the look of the already cheap guitar...thus why i changed mine and made a comment about it in one of my nit picking parts of my in depth review. it's that simple, no need to read into any more than that for me. if that knob came on any guitar made by any company i would have swapped it because, again, it's ugly as sin.

-Mike
              www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Uhh, you mean non-original knobs, right? The ones that came on the guitars are the original knobs.
                Yes but you know what I meant. The non "anal bead","Line-X", "ugly ass" knobs that most of us know and love.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this thread was intended to inject a little humor into a matter of minimal importance. At least that's the way I took it. Now laugh goddamnit!
                  "POOP"

Comment

To sum things up, someone stated in another thread that this knob was excellent in providing "traction." Funny that they didn't use the word "grip."
                    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this thread was intended to inject a little humor into a matter of minimal importance. At least that's the way I took it. Now laugh goddamnit!
                      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

well I tried a quick replacement of the knob today - NO GO

the pot stem in the Charvel is too wide for the replacement black metal knob from Warmoth. now I guess I need a new vol pot too? fuck.

as much as I love the guitar neck and the paint and colors, I think they struck out with these flat pickguards and the knobs. they just don't do the guitar justice.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                          well I tried a quick replacement of the knob today - NO GO

the pot stem in the Charvel is too wide for the replacement black metal knob from Warmoth. now I guess I need a new vol pot too? fuck.

as much as I love the guitar neck and the paint and colors, I think they struck out with these flat pickguards and the knobs. they just don't do the guitar justice.
                          anyone know where can you get wider knobs like these???

Comment

Can you drill out to increase the I.D. (set screw should still work fine)?
                            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                            --floydkramer

Comment

"Harry, hold the damn knob still!"
                              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                                Can you drill out to increase the I.D. (set screw should still work fine)?
                                shit, maybe, but I'm really not set up for machining.
                                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                                X