Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
    Here ya go
    Damn, that's like the four-wheel drive of all knobs...
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I know this is an old thread -I actually came across it on Google while searching for a place to buy this kind of knob. I know many of you don't like the So-Cal knobs, but I dig 'em. I've been trying to buy something similar - and I can't find anything except for EXPENSIVE reproductions of 1950's telecaster and "broadcaster" knobs.

Other than used Charvel knobs on ebay, anyone know where to buy these?
      Last edited by Deadlock; 04-28-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Your best bet is looking for parted out ones on the bay.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My only issue with the knob is that I replaced the scratch plate with a b-w-b from Warmoth, which is thinner than the stock one, and the knob now sticks out. I guess I'll have to drill it so it fits perfectly. I tried to replace it with a stock Jackson black dome knob but had the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Capelo View Post
            My only issue with the knob is that I replaced the scratch plate with a b-w-b from Warmoth, which is thinner than the stock one, and the knob now sticks out. I guess I'll have to drill it so it fits perfectly. I tried to replace it with a stock Jackson black dome knob but had the same issue.
            Put a thin washer or two over the potentiometer but under the pickguard?

Comment

Thanks! I will definitely try it out next time I change the strings. In the meanwhile I am will see if I can find a dome knob that fits at some of the local stores.

Comment

Does it have a floyd rose? If so, you don't have to wait for a string change - just remove the floyd springs from the back and the floyd will comr out of the guitar with all strings attached. Then you can take off the pickguard and put these washers between the potentiometer and the pickguard (this will make the length of the pot shaft sticking out of the pickguard shorter and the knob will fit over it like it did with previous pickguard). Then just put floyd back in in reverse order and you're all set. 15 mins max and all done. I've had this issue a couple of times already and it's a qucik fix that works 100% without modifying any part of the guitar.

Comment

Thanks man! Unfortunately I have to remove the neck to be able to remove the scratch plate of my So-Cal.
                  That's why I will wait until the next set up, unless I find a knob that fits right away.

I know Maltomario has the same scratch plate (thanks for the tips!!) and the knob on his Orange So-Cal fits perfectly. Hopefully, he'll have some suggestions on how to sort this out.

Comment

Working...
                  X