No announcement yet.

Usa Productions How do you like them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any know how they compare to the Japanese Models from 2002-2004?

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...el-Models.html

I have a tradional model and my son has an A+ model.

when I look at the specs, these Japanese models seem to be an equal except for the floyd.

I was wondering what others thought. has anyone got the chance to compare the build quality?

Comment

Not a big Charvel or Jackson guy, but I just rec'd my San Dimas 2 in black late last week.

Brand-new, out of the box the action/bridge were a mess, but that took all of 10 minutes to correct. Then, the trem arm wouldn't affix to the bridge...not sure if its the bridge post or the bushing on the arm, but I am pissed, since I wanted to use the guitar for a show over the weekend. Chavel is sending a new arm and assembly, but its back ordered! I had Stew Mac send me one late last week so I could use the guitar with the trem, and they sent me some f'd up trem arm and assembly for who knows what type of bridge...I rigged it up using extra washers and whatnot and used the guitar at my gig anyway.

The guitar fits in all my strat type hardshell cases, so that gig bag went right into the pile of stuff I hardly use.

Finish is good, funny volume knob, I guess I won't have it slip! Its odd not to have a blade-type pup switch on a Fender type guitar. The floyd bridge looks like a floyd, but somehow...less substantial, I don't know. It works, though. Who needs a tone control?

The neck is awesome, I love it. While I have and have had lots of one piece maple necks, this one is very unique in feel and I love it. The action is so absurdly low, and I can't find a buzz or dead-bend spot anywhere on the neck. I might just raise the action just because it seems like it should be a bit higher.

I am not sure about the JB...I have played and owned some guitars that were complemented by the JB but I'm not sure if its this one. It has a kind of "hollow" tone to it that I don't get with my other guitars. Not bad, just different.

I used it through my Triple Rectifier/Mesa 4X12 rig on Saturday, and it was great. We had a long haul to the show, and I had to unlock the nut it was so out of whack between when I left my house, loaded the truck and got to the venue. After that, it stayed in tune perfectly, but I admit after all I did to get the trem working, I was very easy on the trem.

Very good guitar for $999. I think it looks completely cool as well.

Comment

two shows so far with mine and I love it.

it's going under the knife this coming week for a pg replacement, new knob, and set up for 10's (add a spring to the trem).
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I thought I'd give them another try so I went back down to the store today and played the So Cal again... I hate to say it but I'm still not impressed with them. Even for the money. There were two used 2005 model San Dimas Re-issues setting next to them for the same price and they killed the new production guitars. The tone was pretty good but they just don't feel good to me. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Working...
          X