production model uk availability.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
    I went into Guitarguitar in Newcastle yesterday, and I was quite surprised to see a few of these guitars in there. I just hadn't expected to see any of these for a while. They had some of the non-black ones too.
    Not any more...cos here's their SoCal

It's hard to put into words - like many of us in the UK, I've been after a Strathead for many years, 22 in fact since seeing Adrian Smith with his black Charvel in '86, so you could say a lifelong ambition realised...and it's my birthday tomorrow, what a pressie

And almost 20 years after I bought my first Charvel, a Model 4:

I'll post some better pics when we have some daylight, but none of the pics I've seen do this guitar justice, it's *very* green

Comment

Very nice!

How much was it, if you don't mind me asking? I'm sort of annoyed that I saw these in the shop but didn't find out the price!
      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by darrellm View Post
        Not any more...cos here's their SoCal

It's hard to put into words - like many of us in the UK, I've been after a Strathead for many years, 22 in fact since seeing Adrian Smith with his black Charvel in '86, so you could say a lifelong ambition realised...and it's my birthday tomorrow, what a pressie

And almost 20 years after I bought my first Charvel, a Model 4:

I'll post some better pics when we have some daylight, but none of the pics I've seen do this guitar justice, it's *very* green
        Nice one Darrell, the green is quite simply awesome!! Sorry that I couldn't help you with this one, and of course the Red style 1..... but all has worked out in the end. Happy Birthday!!

Steve
        Last edited by JACKSONWOLF; 11-25-2008, 08:24 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

very nice

according to their website all models and colours are £749.99

Shame they don't have a red San Dimas

Looking for your dream Charvel Guitar? Check out popular models including Pro Mod DK24, So Cal and Guthrie Govan guitars among others.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF View Post
            Nice one Darrell, the green is quite simply awesome!! Sorry that I couldn't help you with this one, and of course the Red style 1..... but all has worked out in the end. Happy Birthday!!

Steve
            Thanks Steve, really appreciate your efforts - it probably won't be the last guitar I buy, you'll be my first port-of-call next time.

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
            If you really want a red one. they still have some stock of the red ones in the US, I played one in Chuck Levins (Washington) last week. If you can do a deal then it might just be worth it...don't forget to add the state sales tax (MA it's 6%) and import duty & VAT (about 23%) and shipping....or wait for that colour to come round again and buy in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
              very nice

according to their website all models and colours are £749.99

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electr...ndname=Charvel
              Ah, right. The last time I checked the website they didn't have these up yet.
              I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Just had a note from my rep.....due to the strength of the Dollar against Sterling, the retail has now risen to £899.....just our luck. This is, by the way, not just Charvel but most companies have increased their prices by 10%.....so much for the government dropping the VAT by 2.5%!!
                Regarding the guitars above, all have sold except the 2 San Dimas style 2's . Thanks to all who have bought one of these fine guitars....welcome to the Charvel owners club!!

Steve
                Last edited by JACKSONWOLF; 12-20-2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just bought a Black So Cal at GuitarGuitar Newcastle for £734. I traded in a Jackson PC3 and paid the difference. The PC3 looked great but just didn't "feel" right. I had to have the Charvel since the day I saw one on t'internet and have been waiting for the UK stock for ages.

By the way, I have a USA Hamer "Steve Stevens" model up on eBay if anyone is interested in helping me to fill the hole in my credit card!!

Comment

That is a good deal, fenderstrat. Never thought of tradeins...Maybe I'll offer a trade in on some of the guitars I do not play much too (two Model 6s perhaps.... :¬| ) did the store give you a reasonable deal on the PC3?
                    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I got £390 for the PC3 which I was very pleased with (I bought it in a "divorce sale" 5 years ago for £280).

Sold the Hamer for just under £300 so only had forty or so quid to chip in to the deal.

Very happy indeed.

Comment

By the way, Wanthairspray, what's the details on your Model 6's? I may be interested....

Comment

Sounds good, fenderstrat.

My Mod 6 is black but doesn't get played too much. It is totally awesome but I never really bonded with it. It has a lot of dings around it.

My 2nd one is a rescue proejct I got from the USA. Currently being refinned in my garage. As such resale value will be lower, but as a player it's going to be great. If I keep it... !!
                          http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

A few more pics, nearly got it, but it's soooooooooo green

Must admit, this guitar is awesome. Arrived on the Weds, gigged it on the Fri. The quality & versatility of the tone is just so good, I'm used to playing good guitars (usually play with a Gibson LP and Flying V) but this thing just feels so 'alive'. Great combination of pickups and woods, one very happy Charvel customer

Comment

Working...
                            X