No announcement yet.

Charvel 2nd Batch - Colors Revealed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a white stripe at the edge of the red tile. Look just below the black tile and you'll see it.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
      Funny that Candy Red has the White on it.
      Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Look at the red tile - it has a white stripe on the last 1/4 of it.
      Looks like a piece of masking tape to me.

Comment

^ +1. If it is white, it's a nasty one.
        Why so serious?

Comment

I see it now,thanx for the tip.It looks like masking tape running up and down.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Damn it. If the SD1 is Candy Blue, then I have to buy one, and I really don't have another guitar in the budget this year.
            1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
            Jackson SLATQH
            Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
            Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
            Jackson DKMGT (project)
            Kramer Focus 1000
            Ibanez SDGR Bass
            Ovation Celebrity
            Martin Backpacker

Comment

OK, I see the white now. I was looking at the tile in the middle thinking that was the red one. I guess that's the tangerine one.
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

there are only 6 colors and 4 of them are out already.

if the SD1 is blue (new color)
                and
                the SoCal is green (new color)

the Tele SD2 will be some existing color, I bet CT, to pump up sales. won't be gold, so it can only be CT or CRed.

since CT was their big hit color last time, that's what I expect. the SD2 did not sell as well as the strat shapes, from all accounts. (it would have sold much better if it had the Tele headstock - not sure what the thinking was there).
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  (it would have sold much better if it had the Tele headstock - not sure what the thinking was there).
                  I would guess that in part they were trying to keep the cost down by using the same neck on each style.
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    ... it would have sold much better if it had the Tele headstock - not sure what the thinking was there...
                    +1

I know I would have bought one if it had a tele hs. Not sure what they are thinking cause a strat hs just looks stupid on a tele.

Comment

Damn it, no purple... oh well, that green So-Cal would be killer. Is that a Gold neckplate I spy or just camera flash?

I get the feeling the Strat headstock on the Tele is a cheap-out... why spend more to make Tele necks that can only go on one guitar when you can make the Strat head's on mass for all of them? I wonder what kind of neck pocket they have.

Comment

where is white so cal?

god damnit I just want a white one! i'm ordering a candy tang one and just spraying it. I have a dlp sprayer that does great guitar paint jobs. i'll post pics when it's done. scew waiting another year for white!

Comment

Right you are CharvelRocker...The Strat headstock on the Tele body is to cut costs.
                          I'm not an industry insider so this is only my speculation but I'd assume that, with the economy as it is,
                          Fender (FMIC) has to keep costs to a minimum--just like the rest of us.

This is also speculation but I’d guess that FMIC is judging the reaction to the Charvel production series in sales dollars as to what happens next with the line. Who knows what the future holds, maybe they’ll give the SD2 a Tele neck.
                          To play devils advocate, maybe the reason we don’t see three new colors is because the Tele model didn’t achieve its excepted sales figures and FMIC decided to scrap the idea. I mean its possible right? It’s not like FMIC won’t use Tele bodies and the necks can be used for the SD1 and SoCal models.

Anyway, my point is that Fender saw a potential market and made an attempt to provide a product to fit that market. It wouldn’t make sense in a down economy to put extra resources into something unproven. Personally, I think its freak’n great that FMIC gave us Charvel aficionados a US production Model at all-- and 3 of them was just icing on the cake.

I’m just throwing out possibilities. I know what I’m saying is basic business 101 stuff. Sorry for the rambling.

Peace

Comment

Funny, I was going to say the same thing, maybe there is no 3rd color because Tele sales weren't high enough to justify a second run of them.

Comment

If they must get rid of the Tele-style model they should replace it with a Style 1 with a single humbucker. I'd be all over that in a second. Especially if it was bright green or red. Or they could just offer 2 special colours along with black to make up the lack of a third guitar type requiring to be built and painted.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,
                              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                                If they must get rid of the Tele-style model they should replace it with a Style 1 with a single humbucker. I'd be all over that in a second. Especially if it was bright green or red. Or they could just offer 2 special colours along with black to make up the lack of a third guitar type requiring to be built and painted.

+1 i would be all over a single hum style 1

Comment

Working...
                                X