Gunslinger VS Charvel Production Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunslinger VS Charvel Production Model

Which is better? Would you sell a 88-89 gunslinger to get a new charvel?
    specs of gunslinger-very hot schaller humbucker, gotoh/bc rich floyd, and very thin oiled 15-22 scalloped neck in red.
    I have gas for the new charvels but I would have to sell my gunslinger and probably come up with cash to boot.

If you like the gunslinger, I'd keep it if I were you, especially if it's a USA and in good condition. Unless you want to sell it to me There are plenty of the new Charvels around and it's likely that you'll be able to pick one up cheaply and easily, whereas original USA Gunslingers are available less frequently....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

at $699 used just buy a USA production model and keep the rich
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Keep the 'slinger and get a new charvie promod off the used market would be what I think is the best choice. Uunless you really want to get rid of the 'slinger. Both are great guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          If you like the gunslinger, I'd keep it if I were you, especially if it's a USA and in good condition. Unless you want to sell it to me There are plenty of the new Charvels around and it's likely that you'll be able to pick one up cheaply and easily, whereas original USA Gunslingers are available less frequently....
          +1
          Hail yesterday

Comment

jgiff, I lived in Malakoff for awhile when I was a kid! I didn't think anyone else had even heard of it, lol. I went to Eustace from 3rd to 8th grade.
            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Thanks guys, I guess I will keep it. I have my new(to me) washburn to go play with, a neck on order and to projects to finish.

Comment

Post a pic of the Gunslinger.

Comment

not a great picture

Comment

keep the gunslinger.

Comment

thats a looker, keep it , unless the scallops are annoying you!!!

as has been said before you'll be able to pick up one of the Charvels easily later on down the line, an 80's gunslinger on the other hand.....

Comment

Yes, you'd be crazy to sell that thing. Also, it's a nice bonus that you have one of the originals since they just re-released the Gunslinger.

Comment

Most definately keep the 'slinger.

Comment

Keep the Gunslinger.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Keep the GunSlinger cool guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X