Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the OFRs on the new production series the FRS-2000 as on the Jackson imports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the OFRs on the new production series the FRS-2000 as on the Jackson imports?

The reason I ask is because the housing (the threaded part) where the bar screws onto broke on me. It was brittle and just started cracking and a couple of pieces broke off.

I mean, I'm keeping the guitar. I think Stewmac sells this piece, but seems like it was cheap. Never had that happen before.

If I can't find one at Stewmac, anyone know where I can find one at?

Thanks!!!

~Dan
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

You can get a replacement bar that includes the screw collar and and the part that mounts into the floyd base for like $12 from Stewmac.
    Dave

Comment

Does everyone like this floyd that comes on the rr24 and the new charvels? I have heard mixed reviews. Does it stay in tune is the question?

Comment

the tuning on mine has been great. I haven't wailed on it at shows, just a bit of trem action here and there.

this is my first Floyd, so I have no exp with the OFRs to compare it to.

I like it.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The RR-24 uses a Chinese Floyd, the trem on the new Charvel line is Korean built.
          -Rick

Comment

Uh-huh. I did not know that. Seems like the days of OFR being OFR are over. Yeah, I see the one at Stewmac but even though the picture shows the housing/collar, but the description only mentions the bar itself, so I wrote them to inquire first. I hope it comes with everything and then it'll be an easy replacement.
            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              The RR-24 uses a Chinese Floyd, the trem on the new Charvel line is Korean built.
              after doing some research, it appears korean built ofr's are the FRT-1000. 3000 if its chrome and 5000 if its gold, i think... anyways, I assume these are better than their chinese counterparts? schecter is also using these on their guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                Uh-huh. I did not know that. Seems like the days of OFR being OFR are over. Yeah, I see the one at Stewmac but even though the picture shows the housing/collar, but the description only mentions the bar itself, so I wrote them to inquire first. I hope it comes with everything and then it'll be an easy replacement.
                Do you have any music stores near you that carry Allparts stuff? The Allparts arms are the German-made Schaller ones. I've got a couple shops here that always have them in stock (with socket) for about $14. I know everyone likes to shop online, but why do that when you can get it immediately with no shipping charges?

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                  The ones from stewmac do come with everything and are the Schaller ones.

After I put a schaller arm on the korean OFR on my So Cal I really don't notice any difference between it and a german made OFR in terms of feel during playing. It stays in tune just like a german one. The differences are mostly cosmetic and not worth worrying about IMHO. But the wobbly arm had to go.
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    Do you have any music stores near you that carry Allparts stuff? The Allparts arms are the German-made Schaller ones. I've got a couple shops here that always have them in stock (with socket) for about $14. I know everyone likes to shop online, but why do that when you can get it immediately with no shipping charges?
                    I'm probably typical in that the stores that would carry this part are about a 30 minute drive each way so easier just to click clickity click.
                    Dave

Comment

No-one sells parts where I live. I have to order everything.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        I believe the RR24 & Charvel production models use the same (Korean) Original Floyd trem.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no Original Floyds made in China. Only "licensed by" versions.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                          To the best of my knowledge, there are no Original Floyds made in China. Only "licensed by" versions.
                          The Floyd Rose Discovery series guitars were made entirely in China... this included the Floyd Rose trem. It does not have "Licensed Under" on it anywhere as it is made by Floyd Rose.
                          Floyd Rose sold that same trem to other guitar manufacturers as a cheaper alternative to the German made Floyds. Think newer SL3 and the RR24 had the origianl non-German built Floyds, which were said to be Chinese.

The new Charvels were the first time anyone had heard of a Korean built Floyd.
                          -Rick

Comment

This guys sells real made in Germany OFRs for the cheapest price ANYWHERE and he ships worldwide for a realistic shipping cost. I bought a gold OFR from him and it was my best eBay deal so far.

He has gold ones for 180$, black for 170$ and chrome for 160$. Some months ago he had all for 150$ IIRC, but he said that the prices went up.

http://myworld.ebay.com/gmreszel/
                            Last edited by Nazgul; 09-20-2008, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Bionic told me (Newc was there with me) told me the RR24 and the Charvels had the same trem...
                              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                              X