socal question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socal question???

what type of replacement pickguards work?I assume any fender type replacment....
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

i think a custom one is needed you ight have to send a template off somewhere
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

another question.what is the PU route under the pickguard???
      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

H-s-h
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by magh8 View Post
          what type of replacement pickguards work?I assume any fender type replacment....
          FYI, The Universal Route allows for HSH, 3S, 2H, 1H etc... The purpose is to allow for the most pick-up configurations while leaving as much wood as possible.

Additionally, the PG is not the same as Fenders. There are some aftermarket co's that can accommodate your needs!

Thanks…. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
            FYI, The Universal Route allows for HSH, 3S, 2H, 1H etc... The purpose is to allow for the most pick-up configurations while leaving as much wood as possible.

Additionally, the PG is not the same as Fenders. There are some aftermarket co's that can accommodate your needs!

Thanks…. Mike
            Technically, it wouldn't be "universal". Universal would be a swimming pool route so you could also get H/H/H. But I do understand doing the H/S/H to leave more wood in there, as that seems like a popular combo and not a lot of people do the H/H/H thing.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
              i think a custom one is needed you ight have to send a template off somewhere
              NO that is incorrect. the Warmoth one I got worked fine. the bridge pup hole is a bit low on the Warmoth, but with the height of the bridge pup on this guitar, it is tight but works fine. I ordered it with no control holes and drilled my own to match the vol/switch layout of the original.

anyone spending extra money to get custom pg's made up for these guitars is simply wasting their money. I wish I had $$ to waste!
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                and not a lot of people do the H/H/H thing.
                cause it looks so friggin stupid

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  cause it looks so friggin stupid
                  Unless you like a Paul Gilbert Ibanez Ghostrider replica!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                    Unless you like a Paul Gilbert Ibanez Ghostrider replica!!!!
                    I'm sure you don't want to know what I think of that one

Comment

plus I don't like how middle pups of any style get in the way of my picking.
                      I have to have that middle area clear.

Comment

I dig the PG model!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

NO that is incorrect. the Warmoth one I got worked fine. the bridge pup hole is a bit low on the Warmoth, but with the height of the bridge pup on this guitar, it is tight but works fine. I ordered it with no control holes and drilled my own to match the vol/switch layout of the original.

anyone spending extra money to get custom pg's made up for these guitars is simply wasting their money. I wish I had $$ to waste!
                          Pickguardian is only $20 more than Warmoth and you get everything done right and how you want it. No issues with pickup placement, having to drill your own control holes, or dealing with the screw holes not lining up exactly. They custom made mine in less than a week.

WD on the other hand is about 3x Warmoth's price and took several weeks just to give me a quote.

Comment

ok cheers for the correction
                            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

plus I don't like how middle pups of any style get in the way of my picking.
                              I have to have that middle area clear.
                              +1000

The one guitar I had with a middle pickup had that pickup lowered as low as it could go.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X