Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

separated at birth (new score content)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• separated at birth (new score content)...

I recently bought this prepro star (charvel replacement neck, gmw retop). the reason why i couldn't resist was because i own the sister strat from GMW. check it out...

i suspect the top is from the same piece of wood as Lee worked on both around the same time. and they coincidentally have the same type of binding. i wanted to experiment with a neck swap (after all the neck on the star is not original), but alas the charvel neck won't fit in the fender sized neck pocket of the gmw strat.

regardless, i'm VERY STOKED about having both guitars that, for all intents and purposes, look like they were separated at birth. both guitars play awesome. i was most surprised by the charvel replacement neck. that thing is the real fucking deal. it feels and plays fantastic. i love the worn in look that it has too (will post pics later)...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Love the finish on the bodies. Beautiful.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Nice guitars! Congratz!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

holy crap...nice pair...

Comment

That Strat needs Charvel neck, then they are perfect pair. I love the finish!!!
          Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
          Jackson "Phobia" King-V
          BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
          SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
          Laney TF300
          Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Love the star!!! More pics!!!
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Cool!!
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

quite a find indeed...congrats on the pair! i have to agree tho, the headstocks are backwards. but it almost makes the pair even cooler that they're backwards.

Comment

nice pair tho i always thought stars looked better with pointy headstocks.

Comment

Great looking pair. Love them both. Congrats.

BTW, what's up with the intonation on the strat's high E string? Looks like it is at the very edge of the available range?

Comment

Originally posted by Psh511 View Post
                      holy crap...nice pair...
                      that's what she said

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                        nice pair tho i always thought stars looked better with pointy headstocks.
                        me too. i was hoping to do a neck swap but the neck heel on the strat head is to big for the gmw neck pocket. i was hoping to get lucky and find a 2 1/8" prepro neck heel, but it's 2 1/4". the Gmw is 2 3/16" (fender spec).

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                        BTW, what's up with the intonation on the strat's high E string? Looks like it is at the very edge of the available range?
                        that bolt just got loose and the string tension pulled the saddle forward...i've since fixed it
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Thats a really nice pair! & having bought my JCF-01 from you I know they have a proper home I like 'em both but that star is extra cool!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Working...
                          X