Some Pre-Halloween Candy (Colors) For You - New SD1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Pre-Halloween Candy (Colors) For You - New SD1

With the $200 Live.com deal, I could no longer resist the urge, so I picked up a new SD1 in Candy Blue.

Awesome color! In person, it looks more violet or purple-ish than blue. Had it for a couple of days now, and I'm really loving it. These USA Production Charvels are a helluva bang for your buck. On to the pics...

Hanging with some custom shop candy-colored Charvel brothers.

My wife and I have joked that, when we eventually retire, we'll open a store with two sides: candy shop over here, guitar shop over there. We call it Hard Rock Candy & Musical Instruments. If that ever happens, I think might need to do something like the above pic for the window display on my side.

...Now the bad news. The f**kin' Live.com cashback offer never worked for me, so I might have to send the blue one back. Despite following all of the rules, etc, Ebay/Live never sent me the message with the link to complete the cashback offer. Great guitar, but I ain't about the get ripped off for $200 because of Ebay and Live.com's incompetence. It's been more than a week, and their f**kin' support people won't even respond with an answer!

Wowza! sweet set there Pat!

Comment

That blue one has a pretty mouth
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Nice. Not fond of the Blue in pics myself, but the DK7 and WRXT I have in Blue look better in person. I dunno - maybe it just looks too much like plastic in pics.

Anyway, how are you "getting ripped off" by not being able to save $200?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Anyway, how are you "getting ripped off" by not being able to save $200?
          Let's see. I followed all of the program rules. Had the eligible for "cashback" icons throughout the purchase and payment. And then Ebay failed to send the e-mail message with a link to actually get the cashback.

Per their "help" pages, I've tried to get help from both Ebay and Live.com through e-mailing both of their supports. Other than a request from Live techs for more info, neither Ebay nor Live.com has responded to my messages. It's been over a week. Not "yes", not "no". Just no response.

When someone promises cashback and doesn't fullfill it, that's getting ripped off.

Comment

Sweet guitar, Pat. The blue one has been tempting me too. Hope you work out the discount thing out. Good luck, bro.

Comment

Wow

Pat: Ya lucky bastard,that thing looks great.I may have to check the blue out in person (my FAV color) I would trade my CT in for it and some $$$ to have it (no PG either) more color.

~Andy
              Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Pat, that sucks about the rebate... Mine showed up in my live account in about 24 hours. Of course I may be sending the guitar back anyway but that's another story.

The guitars look great...

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!!
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a little candy action! LOL

Comment

that yellow and the purple are freaking awesome!

wow.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                        that yellow and the purple are freaking awesome!

wow.
                        I was thinking the same thing.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I had a candy blue pointyhead back in 06. Color was gorgeous! It's calling to me again I think.....Might have to bite the bullet and buy one!

Comment

+2 to the yellow and purple. Sweeet.

If the orange is like my pointyhead, though, it's not a "candy" color. Technically, it'd be a pearl. At least mine is. But they do fit in with the Halloween theme, so here's mine...

Last edited by shreddermon; 10-14-2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              +2 to the yellow and purple. Sweeet.

If the orange is like my pointyhead, though, it's not a "candy" color. Technically, it'd be a pearl. At least mine is. But they do fit in with the Halloween theme, so here's mine...

Actually my orange one is Tangelo Pearl. Cool Pointy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X