Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any dealer that have this Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norton333 View Post
    TMZ has lots of Charvels, none of my specs, this is where my natural series came from, all the solid color, 1 hum, floyd models they have are 21 fret/birdseye(I hate figured necks,), spoke to them on the phone today, they have none of my spec, nor do they have any like that on order.I've been searching , and calling around, seems the dealers/ or Charvel think we all want graphics or 2 pickups, aparently no one feels these would be popular, I think they are missing the boat.
    Considering the ones they did put out in the last couple of years didn't sell all that well, they weren't popular.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Considering the ones they did put out in the last couple of years didn't sell all that well, they weren't popular.
      Maybe your right, but for not being that popular, no one seems to have any left in stock.

Comment

Hey joelski, what body and neck is that?? Warmoth??

Comment

Joelski- Fill us in. What are you rockin' there? I know exactly where you're coming from about the $. That baby looks bad-oh!

Comment

That axe was made by my boy Warren at SouthEast Guitars. He did my TelePacer Imperial pictured below as well. He specializes in making exact replicas of our most beloved shredders. but can bust out the custom requests as well. No CNC either; these babies are all hand made one at a time. The man is a fucking maestro! Find out for yourself here: http://www.southeastguitars.com/

There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

MZ natural swamp ash 1-hum strathead, $1100 BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Charvel-USA...1%7C240%3A1318

Send it to Marty Bell for a solid color paint job and you'll have a bad ass guitar in exactly the color you want for way less than a custom order. You'd most likely come in under an in-stock dealer limited run as well. Some might disagree with this approach, but imo resale is going to be low whether it's all original or not, so I don't think that's a big concern.

Comment

dg, I've been thinking of the same thing, want black hardware though, Who is Marty Bell? Does he have a web site, phone number? You have me interested, is he reasonable, and quick?

Comment

I just found a used magenta colored 1 hum. used at TMZ, but looking closer, it looks like a fake to me.The body horns a too long and thin, like a Jackson, and the logo is huge!, looks wrong to me, don't like direct mount pickups anyway.Take a look and let me know if it looks wrong to you guy's.

Comment

Here's Marty Bell's site:

Quality guitar finishing for over 30 years. Premium factory quality finishes.

I haven't dealt with him myself, but a few people here have. He's pretty well known for good work and reasonable turnaround time.

Just looked at the guitar on the MZ site. I believe it's a dinky body. Compare it to a pic of one of the Warren DeMartini French graphic guitars. Here's one on Shawn's site:

Logo looks fine. Also, keep in mind that Tommy at the Zoo is pretty well qualified to spot a fake, and I really doubt he would deal in something he thought was questionable. Give him a call if you're interested in it. I bet the tags are still with it.

Comment

dg,thanks, he looks like a good deal if I go that route, I'm going to pass on that used one at TMZ, don't like the body shape, or direct mount, still weighing all options.

Comment

I had Marty Bell paint a guitar for me. I can tell you that he does awesome work with a super fast turn around time. I think it only took about a week. Plus he's great to deal with. You can see the guitar he painted for me here:

Another video of me jamming along to a drum beat and bass guitar.
                        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                          I had Marty Bell paint a guitar for me. I can tell you that he does awesome work with a super fast turn around time. I think it only took about a week. Plus he's great to deal with. You can see the guitar he painted for me here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBPW5KY5fhk
                          Awsome playing, and finish, can't believe he finshes them so fast! I am going to give him a call.

Comment

I can also vouch for Marty.

Painted not one, but two guitars for me and had both back to me 3 weeks from the day I shipped them.
                            -Chris

Comment

Spoke to Marty today, super nice guy, the only concern he had was finishing over a oil finished body, has anyone here finished over a body that was a natural oil finish first?

Comment

I was told by Lee at GMW that it is tricky. It has to be totally stripped and if any of the oil is left behind lifting can occur. He frowns on it but will do it for a additional cost$.

Comment

Working...
                                X