Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Demartini Model Questions

Ratt

Please help me with any info on the Warren Demartini Crossed Swords Model? Are they hand painted? If so are they painted by the original artist? Any story behind the art work? I found an old interview with poor audio with Robbin Crosby talking about how they approached Grover and asked for spare parts to build their own guitars. And Grover gave them the best instruments that he had and figured that it would help him as well as Ratt. Robbin said that Warren took the Skull and Bomber stat and then the audio went blank and I am not sure if the Cross swords was part of Grover generosity.

Any Help is greatly appreciated

I had heard bits of audio too a while ago - might have been the same. If I remember correctly, it was on Robb Lane's site when it was still up. He had a long audio interview with Robbin Crosby while they were at supper - chinese restaurant I think. I remember Robbin saying he was extremely happy that Warren chose "The Bomber" because he didn't want to be "stuck" with a strat type guitar. He chose the V. Anyway, someone here might have or know where to find the audio.

Comment

Originally posted by pz711 View Post
      Ratt

Please help me with any info on the Warren Demartini Crossed Swords Model? Are they hand painted? If so are they painted by the original artist? Any story behind the art work? I found an old interview with poor audio with Robbin Crosby talking about how they approached Grover and asked for spare parts to build their own guitars. And Grover gave them the best instruments that he had and figured that it would help him as well as Ratt. Robbin said that Warren took the Skull and Bomber stat and then the audio went blank and I am not sure if the Cross swords was part of Grover generosity.

Any Help is greatly appreciated
      Greetings! The DeMartini Signature models are hand painted by the original artists/painters.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Comment

I've read articles where Warren said they would get parts that were throw aways due to defects or build issues. From what I've heard, the bomber and the blood drip were two of the earlier ones. Warren liked the characters on the bomber so he requested another guitar be made using the same characters and making them more pronounced - hence, the crossed swords was developed.

If you are thinking about picking up a crossed swords, do yourself a favor and grab one. They are great guitars! Dan and Glenn do amazing work with the graphic and the necks are very comfortable to play.

Comment

Working...
        X