No announcement yet.

I quess Charvel listens in around here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quess Charvel listens in around here!

Check out the Charvel site, the little clip of the Namm show setup shows a production SD1 in slime green with ONE humbucker! Just what I've been whinning about(and a few others here). I wonder when it will be available, will be picking one up.You can tell it's a production because it has that ugly knob.
    I'm looking forward to what else may be coming out.

That does look like the "meat tenderizer" knob. But it also looks like brass strap buttons and rosewood-ish looking dot inlays. So I'm thinking it's more likely a custom shop guitar.

Comment

Man you know how to burst the bubble! your right, rosewood dots, maybe the ugly knob is going to be used on the CS models too, damn, I want single hums!

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath. They always do a bunch of one-off Custom Shops for NAMM with only one humbucker.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            That does look like the "meat tenderizer" knob. But it also looks like brass strap buttons and rosewood-ish looking dot inlays. So I'm thinking it's more likely a custom shop guitar.
            Yeah, exactly what I thought Pat - the knob is most likely a 'distraction'....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's cruel... It's like a teaser pic of what could be... Well I guess it could be, can you CS??
              Don

Comment

U know what CS means... $3400.00 and a 18 month wait.. no thanks

Comment

I wonder if there is something more to them building guitars at the booth to where for a few hundred more you can get your pick from a list of colors and pickup configs.
                  I remember they had some guitar at last years NAMM that were short wait charvel like that Aqua?? quilt top.

Comment

Other then cutting into the CS orders, it seems a 1 hum would be a win/win for them, more sales, and it's cheaper to build 1 less pup, toggle, route, seems to me this would be a good thing for them.

Comment

I don't think they listen THAT much, IMHO.

First off... we love Jackson and Charvel guitars. That's why we come here and spent hours writing and drooling over them and some of the collections around here.
                      Yes, they put out what I consider a succesful line of MIA value Charvels, love my Tangerine.

But now... what is up with their pricing strategy? mega buck$$$ for a CS guitar when they are showing at NAMM that they are nothing but a slap of components in a jiff of time.
                      Then what is up with the tits, grim reapers, graveyards, maps, skulls, etc. I don't know about you but you couldn't get me to spend $3k+ on a guitar sporting that "art" and then have the cojones to show up in public with it.
                      How about A $3k guitar that has a psycho graphic that will make some people sick by looking at it?
                      How about their pricing strategy? oops!! did I said that before?

Hey! at least they got shirts for sale now.....
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by norton333 View Post
                        Other then cutting into the CS orders, it seems a 1 hum would be a win/win for them, more sales, and it's cheaper to build 1 less pup, toggle, route, seems to me this would be a good thing for them.

Greetings... just want to jump in on this point... the 1H was considered... however, the 2h was chosen in CS Orders and in poles much more often. Perhaps down the line we'll take another look...

Thanks...

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by norton333 View Post
                          When the pointy headstock USA Charvels came back around 2005, they did offer them with a choice of rosewood, maple and ebony boards, Floyd or vintage trem, also H, H/S, H/S/S and H/H. It would be kind of cool if they offered those options again.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm with you toejam, choice of board, pups, and trem. would be great, I would love to see a 1 hum vintage trem. without CS price and wait.

Comment

A hum and a single would be awesome - and a Tele headstock Tele!
                              You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                              You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                              --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                              --horns666 - 12/29/08
                              I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                              --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Working...
                              X