The green SoCal is growing on me....after some mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The green SoCal is growing on me....after some mods

I was planning on replacing the body with a lighter one in daphne blue from Warmoth or Musikraft. But after redoing the hardware with the OFR and pickups/pickguard, and plugging it in, the green body may be a keeper. To my ears, this guitar now is every bit as good (workmanship, quality, tone) as the two MZ Naturals I have. I actually like the thicker neck profile on this one better.

Oooh - that turned out very cool. The candy green is smokin'. Nice.

Looks somewhat familiar, too.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      Oooh - that turned out very cool. The candy green is smokin'. Nice.

Looks somewhat familiar, too.
      Thanks --- I was going for a more "classic" vibe on this with the yellowed plastic. I'm really liking this guitar.

Comment

Nice
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Looks great. Nice job making it your own.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looks very attractive-smooth, tight and flawless. Great job, it has the vibe of a nice workingman's stage guitar. Hey zari - any chance of posting a picture somewhere of your Music Zoo Naturals, maybe even starting a thread and getting other MZ owners to post pictures of theirs also? Thanks, Bo- aka triplehold

Comment

Wow, that came out nice...
                -Chris

Comment

Aged/tinted plastic stuff looks good with colours that contrast it a lot. I have aged stuff on my Lake Placid Blue Strat and it looks great.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Looks great!!! Big improvement.

Comment

I think it looks too much like a regular Strat, or a Floyd Strat, obviously... to me its lost some of the Charvel vibe...
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

I like it . I would have gone with a pearloid pickguard, but I still like it your way.

Comment

Looks hot!

Comment

That turned out very cool.
                            Even though she's green, She be givin' me da blues just looking at her!
                            Excellent pictures as well!
                            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                            --floydkramer

Comment

That looks great! The green really stands out nice. Now I really want one.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X