charvels / jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvels / jacksons

how do the new usa charvels compare to say the select series usa jacksons?

They cost about half as much.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Build quality is better on customs, but that's expected.
      Ratt & Roll

Comment

imo not even close . Jackson is far superior in quality of parts and it just "feels" like a better instument. I just got back from a music stor e playing 2 of these new Charvels and I didnt care for them. I might be in the minority but I prefer Jacksons . The neck was nice but not any better then my dk2m neck. Took me 10 guitars to get the perfect dk2m neck but it is golden as they say. Me I would go Jackson.

Comment

what about the warren demartini model.is it as good as a usa jackson ?

Comment

The charvel promods are great guitars. To me they just need someextra sanding on the neck and some new oil and that greatly improves the feel. abour 20 minutes of time is all it takes.
            the biggest difference is that the select jacksons are made like the custom shops are, but just by the non master builders, the charvels are a production guitar made on the same/similar machines as the fender american standards.
            The Demartini's are made probably made by the master builders.
            The feel of the guitars is going to be apples and oranges because of the body, neck shapes, and non recessed vs recessed trems.

Comment

Working...
            X