Anyone ever tried one of these cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever tried one of these cases?

Get the guaranteed lowest prices, largest selection and free shipping on most Music Accessories at Musician's Friend.

I have an SL2H that needs a case, and I found this one. It seems to be exactly what I need. Has anyone ever seen or tried one of these in person? Heard anything about them?

Thanks,
    Jay.

No, this is a case free website. All of Jackson users are so hardcore, and Jacksons are built so well, that we just throw (literally THROW) them into the backs of the truck, or plane or whatever.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

well it does say jackson soloist case so i think itl be fine

Comment

Wow, that's a serious case!

Comment

Of course they work, it's Jacksons case.
          I personally use a coffin case for everything except my explorer which came with a gibson case. By the way, do USA jacksons come with that case?
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
            No, this is a case free website. All of Jackson users are so hardcore, and Jacksons are built so well, that we just throw (literally THROW) them into the backs of the truck, or plane or whatever.
            That's understandable, but what do you do when you want to stack a bunch of them in the closet? You're gonna need cases, man!

Yeah, I know it says Soloist case and everything. I was just hoping to hear someone say "yeah, I've got one, and it's the most perfect thing ever" or "I've got one, and my soloist doesn't fit, and it fell apart when I picked it up."

Thanks,
            Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolJay View Post
              That's understandable, but what do you do when you want to stack a bunch of them in the closet? You're gonna need cases, man!

Yeah, I know it says Soloist case and everything. I was just hoping to hear someone say "yeah, I've got one, and it's the most perfect thing ever" or "I've got one, and my soloist doesn't fit, and it fell apart when I picked it up."

Thanks,
              Jay.
              No, we are SO DAMN hardcore, that we don't have closets, we just throw our shit all over the floor.

Comment

I have 2 USA soloists, and one didn't come with a case (and it was really cheap too). The one that DID come with a case came with a case that looks nothing like this one, but it was used. That's why I'm asking.

I don't really know what new Soloists come with, and I don't know if this one is just some cheapy knockoff of a REAL Jackson case, or whatever.

Thanks,
                Jay.

Comment

Actually, it looks like these aren't even available for another 27 days, so I guess no one has tried one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                    By the way, do USA jacksons come with that case?
                    My Adiran Smith came with a regular SKB case with the Jackson logo impressed in the plastic. I really like the look of that case - anyone know if it will fit a strat (Model 4, ProMod)?

I guess I could uy it and if it don't, return it...
                    Last edited by Grandturk; 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

No, USA Jackson Soloists come with a different case with metal latches, which fits a little better than that one will, if that one is like the one I have.

I have a Jackson-branded SKB case with the plastic locks like that, which I ordered through Sam Ash for a Pro Soloist. I didn't keep the Soloist, but I use the case for my SL2 now.

If this is the same one (sure looks the same!) it fits pretty well in terms of not having the point resting on the back of the case like a lot of "universal" cases, but the guitar isn't actually thick enough to fill the case.

So when it's closed the guitar kind of bounces around in there a little, like if you set it down on the long narrow side and rock it from side to side you can hear the guitar bouncing off the top and bottom of the case. Eek.

I just put a couple of pieces of 1" thick foam on top of the guitar body and it works fine for my purposes, but I wouldn't ship the guitar in one. Still, 100X better than those stupid G & G cases.

The SKB Universal cases outright suck for anything with an angled headstock.

Grandturk if you want I can throw my Charvel mutt in the Jackson-branded SKB case I have and see if it fits. It's pretty snug around the outside of a Soloist body but I imagine a Strat body would fit, too.

Comment

Thanks for that reply!

It sounds like it will work just fine. I'm totally okay with adding some padding to the top of the case if I need to.

It is a little strange that the case is marked as an exact fit for only 2 guitars (Soloist and Dinky), but you say that they don't fit perfectly. LOL. Maybe the Dinkys are a tad thicker because of the neck joint and they fit perfectly. Wait, no. That's stupid.

Maybe the cases were a tad too thick, so they discontinued them, fixed them, and re-released them as this one. That would explain how it looks like your case but isn't available yet. I like this explanation, so I'm sticking with it.

Thanks,
                        Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          My Adiran Smith came with a regular SKB case with the Jackson logo impressed in the plastic. I really like the look of that case - anyone know if it will fit a strat (Model 4, ProMod)?

I guess I could uy it and if it don't, return it...
                          Looks like they're manufactured the same as Fender's SKB case which I bought for my ProMod. Fender case fits PM perfectly and I like them. Mind you I'm not a touring musician and not sure how sturdy they are for getting thrown about by roadies.

Soloist case has metal latches as MakeAJazzNoiseHere mentioned but the latch come apart.

Comment

Sure, metal latches come apart eventually. But eventually plastic gets brittle and breaks, wood rots, metal corrodes... Eventually, we all die and so does everything else. Wheee!

Yeah I have a Fender chainsaw case for my Charvel w/ non-recessed Floyd. It fits perfect! Better than the G & G "Custom Shop" case by far.

Comment

Jazznoise - I'd apprecite it - let me know how a full size strat fits in that one.

I keep my guitars in their cases for space reasons and the case for my model 4 is actually the first hardshell I ever bought and is falling apart and my promod has no case and is living it's life in a gig bag wedged behind my boogie.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X