Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever deal with Music-Go-Round in Orland Park, Ill.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever deal with Music-Go-Round in Orland Park, Ill.?

Reason I ask is I just bought a used Jackson Kelly from them; description said "Super clean...looks brand new...guitar is set up...no scratches or dents on body or neck.

Guitar was shipped FedEx in an oversize box (no case), wrapped in bubblewrap and swimming in styrofoam peanuts. When I unpacked it, lookee what greeted me:

Oh joy! The top fin is smashed! And, guess what? You know that set-up? Have a look at how the trem sits:

:think:
    (I added the visual showing how the trem is sunk into the cavity. )

I immediately e-mailed the guy and told him, then sent photos the next day. It's been two days, and I've heard squat.

I said in the e-mail that I prefer we discuss the problem via e-mail: a written correspondence lessens the chance of a you-said-he-said.

When I bought the guitar, I had called to ask about it and the guy I talked with was all sweetness and sunshine on the phone. The guitar was actually on the 'Bay, and I even (stupidly) allowed him to talk me into a direct deal. For my kindness, he got an extra percentage (no eBay/PayPal fees), and I got a damaged Kelly.

So. Anyone here deal with them? Am I getting worked up for nothing? (maybe the manager is on vacation?) Or should I call and try and straighten it out that way? I'd like to keep the guitar - but I'd want some $$$ back because I was sold damaged, not-as-described goods.

Although I don't have eBay/PayPal to make a claim with, I could dispute it with my cc company. Or, I could file a claim with FedEx.

I really don't need this crap now; I'm getting packed for vacation. Whatever I do, I want to resolve it quickly - although I checked teh FedEx site than they say you have nine months to file a claim (I guess it's like giving birth).

Thanks, guys.
    WarPig____________________________________________
    "Live every day as if it were your last...
    ...one day it will be."

If it is described in writing as you say, I would contact the CC company and stop payment immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by 59LemonDrop View Post
      If it is described in writing as you say, I would contact the CC company and stop payment immediately.

Ya, if there was only that, erm, dent, I'd blame it on Fedex, but if the trem is so low then definately is a seller issue.

Comment

Stop payment and contact the music store. From the looks of it, I wouldn't think that shipping caused the edge chips. And with the packing you described, Fedex isn't going to accept the blame.

Comment

I have delt with musicgoround stores in general a few times. once was good and the second the guitar was a piece of shit and they wouldn't respond to my emails. the frets had deep groves and were so flat the sides were share. I know they are all francises but they buy the shit guitar center won't. Dispute the charge.

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
            I immediately e-mailed the guy and told him, then sent photos the next day. It's been two days, and I've heard squat
            Were you emailing MGR when you were trying to purhase the guitar? If so, I bet he replied without delay, didn't he? Now that there is an issue with the wing tip, I'm sure he won't reply to your email. I know you want email correspondance for documentation pruposes, but I would still call the store. Good luck on getting this solved. BTW, what model Kelly is the guitar?
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
              what model Kelly is the guitar?
              Remember that "Is a KE-3 Skulls worth $250?" on the eBay thread? It's that one. That will teach me to leap before looking.

So, part of me says "a cheap KE-3; shaddup and take yer lumps", but then it's the principle of the thing: I was told it was unmarked, and it isn't.
              ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
                And, guess what? You know that set-up? Have a look at how the trem sits:

:think:
                (I added the visual showing how the trem is sunk into the cavity. )
                That's no big deal. Some people actually do set their trems up that way, some even have it tilted forward a little more. It's personal preference and doesn't need to be parallel. That's the least of your problems. Contact your credit card company first and put in a dispute if the idiots aren't getting back to you.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok, I'm an ass.

Just talked with Dave, the manager (he was on vacation). He told me to pack the guitar up, send it back and when he was sure all was ok he'd give me a total refund.

As I packed it, I saw a *tiny* bump in the shipping box. It corresponds to exactly where the damage is. Looks like FedEx did the dirty.

I called Dave back and we're going to file a damage claim. Wish me luck.
                  ...one day it will be."

Comment

Personally, I think that if you aren't completely turned off by the damage, and you like the ax, you should try for the money for damage idea. That way you can keep it. But that's what I would do.
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I've purchased stuff from there before. I never really had any problems but I'm lucky to test all the stuff before I've purchased it. I hope things work out for you.

joe...
                      www.godwentpunk.com
                      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

If thats the Dave i think it is. He's a stand up guy and will help you aout every way he can to get this settled. I worked at MGR with a guy named dave who was the store mngr at Orland park. Hes a good guy if its him.
                        Gil

Comment

Sounds like you will get this taken care of by the store which is cool. I've never dealt with them but have been in the store before.

On another note, if they packed it as poor as you describe they won't get .02 from FedEx on an insurance claim. Should hopefully teach them a lesson on how to pack a guitar without the case. FedEx and UPS are a bunch of gorillas.

Comment

Tex,
                            Got your PM. I have to say in all the years I have been shipping, I have yet to receive any refunds from damage. It is amazing. I often wonder why I pay the insurance. I have probably wasted more time on the phone chasing the damages than I have the actual damages themselves.
                            You can drop me a line for an estimate as I mentioned in my PM. Let me know how I can help.
                            Mike
                            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                              I've purchased stuff from there before. I never really had any problems but I'm lucky to test all the stuff before I've purchased it. I hope things work out for you.

joe...
                              I purchased my first JRS-2 there. I rolled up shortly after they closed, saw the Jackson in the window and they opened up, I played it for a little bit and then slapped my card on the counter. But haven't been back since then.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X