Neck/Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck/Scale

Anyone could tell me which Jackson model has the thinest neck/scale? I need some help

Well... the Fusion had a "short" scale - 24.75"

I think the Dinky or the Speed Neck are the "thinnest" - but really, anything is possible with custom ordering.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

The thinnest Jackson necks I know of are the USA Fusion necks from the early '90s. I'm referring to the thickness of the neck. Your question is a little confusing because you mention scale. The scale length of those necks was 24 3/4", as opposed to the usual 25.5" scale length on most models.

Comment

Trere's nothing about scales, sorry. It's about the thickness of the neck

Comment

The Fusion neck felt about the same as my Adrian Smith, which measures the same as the Speed Neck. The Dinky neck is thinner than the Speed Neck, according to the Jackson site.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

The most recent catalog with all the neck specs is here:

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

The chart is on page 13. From a quick look, I think the KE3 currently has the thinnest specs.

USA Fusions have the rep as having the thinnest production necks Jackson ever made. Catalogs from that era don't list those specs, but I've known guys who are comfortable with a DK-1 (.750 - .810) who got rid of USA Fusions for being too thin. I've only played one, and it was as thin as an Ibanez Wizard. Import Fusions weren't as thin as the USA.

Comment

I have four Fusions one USA , one Jackson PRO and two Charvels. Out of the four there is only one that is not really thin . I could measure them if you want , just let me know.
              Mike
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

thanks! Gonna check it out!

Comment

I have a Kelly XL with a very thin neck. And a JDR-94 thats even thinner. What exactly is a speed neck?
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                    I have a Kelly XL with a very thin neck. And a JDR-94 thats even thinner. What exactly is a speed neck?
                    The "speed neck" is close to the Kelly XL. It's the size Dave Mustaine prefers and spec'd on his guitars, and that's what the KV2 also has. Some people think that a thinner neck makes you play faster, but that's not really the case. Anyway, when the USA Charvel pointy line came back in the early to mid 2000s, the necks were very similar to the speed neck profile, so that'll give you a reference if you ever play one of those.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X