24 Fret Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 Fret Rhoads

I'd say just a regular RR1 but with 24 frets.

Lack of pickguard would make it look cheap like an import or something.

Non-recessed floyd would eliminate pull-ups wouldn't it?? No-way.

Only minor changes would be:

1) Move volume knob back from picking area a little bit so hand has more room when doing leads.

2) Put a Duncan Distortion in there rather than a JB. Not every Jackson has to have a JB.

Anything major is gonna jackup the price for the consumer adn not worth it IMO.

Re: 24 Fret Rhoads

Originally posted by ranalli:
    Non-recessed floyd would eliminate pull-ups wouldn't it?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it wouldn't... unless you put it down on the body like EVH does.

[ June 04, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How about a black 7string 24fret version. Reverse headstock with no body bevels, with white binding on body, neck and headstock, sharkin inlay with or without trem [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 04, 2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: xxxcreaturexxx ]
      www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

Jumbo Frets,Maple Neck Raw, 2 Vol No tone.
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

String thru, rear routed, jumbo fret, oiled neck.
          -2 Hum vol/vol/tone 3 way switch or
          -1 Hum 1 vol [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          And as a few other have said move the vol away from the bridge pup.

Comment

ONE HUM, REV HEADSTOCK, NO PICKGUARD. That's all I ASK.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

How many of you guys saying you want "this" and "that" will actually drop the coin for it?! It sure would be nice to have gold abalone inlays, how about genuine diamond inlays, and oh yeah, let's have real ruby and emerald knobs. Great idea, to destroy the legacy, if 22 frets was good enough for Rhoads it's sure as heck good enough for any Jackson lover. I thought Ibeenhad made a 24 fret V?
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ranalli:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it wouldn't... unless you put it down on the body like EVH does. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't the screws in the back hit the paint and wreck it though when you went to pull?? Or am I way off??

Also I can tell you that I will definitely not buy a Rhoads without a pickguard...please dont' do that...at least if you're going to rear route it...then put a pickguard on anyway...like a Les Paul so those who dont' like it can take it off.

If I wanted my guitar to look like a cheap import I would buy a cheap import.

Comment

I would like to have 24 fret Rhoads with oiled neck and original Floyd Rose. Color (black body with white bevels) is just cosmetics. I think this kind of guitar will be ordered by me from custom shop (and OSG) in August.

I just wonder what the pickup combination of this kind of guitar would be. I would like to have J-50BC in the bridge and J-50N in the neck. This guitar should also be equipped with JE-1000 gainboost (This with the pickups defined sound I want).

However, I'm not sure if this kind of guitar can still be done in custom shop. I tried to construct this guitar using the custom shop quote form but I couldn't found JE-1000... However, my dream 24-fret Rhoads should have JE-1000 gainboost or an equal gainboost system.

I'm trying to define thrash metal sound that can be found in 'Arise' by Sepultura or Coroner's 'Mental Vortex' album or STONEs (Roope Latvala) 'No Anaesthesia' album. These examples may be a bit old.

I don't know too much about pickups or active electronics so if somebody could give advice, if the pickup system (and electronics) I mentioned before is valid by the custom shop standard. I would appreciate that (may be wrong thread, I know. But still...). In addition, can similar system be constructed by using custom shop quote form?

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ranalli:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it wouldn't... unless you put it down on the body like EVH does. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't the screws in the back hit the paint and wreck it though when you went to pull?? Or am I way off??
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, there would still be room to pull back, but you could ruin the paint if you pulled it back too much and it hit the body. When I do pull-ups, I don't pull back enough to where I would hit the body (but some people like to pull back more and prefer the recess). I also like how the neck angle keeps the bridge up and the strings further away from the body.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                      How many of you guys saying you want "this" and "that" will actually drop the coin for it?!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A good point.

And, yes, assuming a limited edition run of my original post with USA Select pricing, I would drop coin right away. 22 or 24 frets. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Obviously the guitar I layed out would be something more than one off the rack. That would be common sense there.Maybe a limited run if it turned out as nice as I pictured. However, the Gold abalon would be beautiful. Someday, I will make the dream a reality. The mother of pearl is nice, but too common place, as is the regular binding. To add that alone, would be drastic enough of a change. This is just creation in motion. Also, can I get opionions on matching the colors of floyds to the color of the guitars. I have a yellow fusion that I've often wondered how I could have the floyd(JACKSON VERSION)powder coated to match the guitar. Personally, the chrome,black, and gold is way to common place as well.
                        1990 Jackson Professional
                        1992 Dean ML
                        2004 Epiphone Flying V
                        2005 Epiphone Dot
                        2009 Fender Stratocaster
                        2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                        2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                        2006 Fender P Bass
                        2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                        1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                        1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                        Custom Pedalboard
                        ADA MP1
                        ADA FX2
                        Tascam 2488

Comment

- Original Rhoads fret wire
                          - String through, without the arrow plate
                          - Rear routed controls

- 6 and 7 string versions!
                          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

basicly an RR1T, with HSH pup. the S would be a sustainer ^.^

The controls would beeeeeee:
                            1 volume
                            1 tone
                            3 way toggle
                            and a mini on/off toggle for the sustainer.

oh, and of course a 9v case for a battery for the sustainer ^.^

Hmmmmmmmmmm Everything else would be the same pretty much i guess.

I'd make it white with black bevels, gold pinstripes, and gold lines boardering where the neck goes through as well ^.^

Comment

One hum, one volum, 24 frets and a floyd. Maybe also a maple fretboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X