Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/i.d. of Jackson guitar

Hey Guys,

I just picked up a used Jackson. This is my 2nd - trying to wean myself off of strats.

Need some help w/.id.

Found a link (below) which is my exact guitar, HSS, 24 frets, sharktooth, bolt-on neck, crimson swirl, floyd rose, etc, except mine has duncan designed pickups, not seymour duncan pickups.

Unsure of the model or year.

http://www.vwallguitars.com/index.ph...&productId=104

Serial number is : 9693161.

- What is estimated retail and street value of this guitar?
    - Any help with model and year is appreciated.

ps - Also, missing a whammy bar.
    Where is best place to get replacement and aftermarket parts?

Thanks,

Steve-1

Jackson DK-2, Jackson ??, G&L strat.
    Rivera and Mesa amps

Hello and welcome to the JCF!

It's a "pre-upgrade" DK-2. Note that the guitar in the picture also has Duncan Designed pups. The upgrade happened in mid-2006, when the DK-2 recieved real Duncans and a trem with a hardened baseplate. At this point the hardware color also changed from chrome to black.

The serial places your DK-2 some time in 2003, but there's always a margin of error with bolt-on serials, so take it with a grain of salt. Sorry I can't be more specific than that. If you want to know for sure when your axe was made, you can just take the neck off; the model name and production dates are stamped in the neck pocket of the body and on the heel of the neck.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 09-11-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Sounds like exactly the same one as in your link. An older model DK2. The one in the link also has Duncan Designed pickups.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, so take our info and list your auction on eBay.
        Last edited by charvel750; 09-11-2009, 11:00 PM.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-1 View Post
          - What is estimated retail and street value of this guitar?
          About $50 at a pawn shop.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Fukkin' info-taker-then-sell-it-hit-n-run newbs!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sunbane,
              Thanks for the info! I appreciate.
              ps - Where is best place to get Jackson parts online?
              Steve-1

Comment

RacerX,
                This is my 2nd Jackson - I plan to keep both. Bought it for $300 w/Peavey Rage 158, 2 guitar stands, and a tuner. Unaware of model at the time - just trying to see if I got a decent deal. Re. Newbie: I was playing LP's thru Marshall stacks in Zepplin and Sabbath cover bands and orig music before your were born. Give me a break.
                S

Comment

OH Hell another shit storm is about to erupt.
                  Dude lighten up and grow some skin.
                  Sounds like you got a good deal to me FWIW.
                  DK-2's are good guitars just not worth all that much.
                  Word up don't get in a pissing match with RacerX he can be brutal.
                  Hi Ron you're still a dik.LOL
                  Last edited by straycat; 09-13-2009, 05:13 PM.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hey Straycat,
                    Thanks for the feedback on deal - I'm thinking the same thing.
                    I know DK2 is not a Soloist or anything, but not a bad guitar for the money.
                    We're cool.
                    S

Comment

I never understood the problem with asking for info here and then taking it to Ebay. How many times have we complained about sellers with either incorrect or no info on Ebay when the JCF is right here?

Hell, many of the protestors in these threads are the very same people that would email the seller and give them the info!

Or is it the childish dream that "if the seller doesn't know, we can fuck him on the auction"?
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I see nothing wrong with asking Q's even if you are going to ebay with an item.
                        Steve I have had lots of DK-2's and flipped them for more than I paid.
                        I find them in pawn shops for around $175.00-$200.00. and generally get $275.00 with OHSC.
                        Working on one right now and the guy paid $400.00 for it.I didn't bust his balls over paying too much.LOL
                        He likes it and felt he got a good deal so who am I to say anything.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-1 View Post
                          RacerX,
                          This is my 2nd Jackson - I plan to keep both. Bought it for $300 w/Peavey Rage 158, 2 guitar stands, and a tuner. Unaware of model at the time - just trying to see if I got a decent deal. Re. Newbie: I was playing LP's thru Marshall stacks in Zepplin and Sabbath cover bands and orig music before your were born. Give me a break.
                          S
                          Fair enough, dude...I owe you an apology...sorry to go all Serena Williams on you there

BTW I was born before Zep & Sabbath formed ha ha ha ha sniff sniff waaaaah
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X