jackson id/serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson id/serial

I have a jackson I bought in 1989 and I can't figure out the serial plate. It is a bolt on neck and the plate says "jackson made in usa" with the address "p.o. box 245 San Dimas, ca 91773" Serial # is 2615.

the only info I can find that matches this serial plate is that it should read "charvel" instead of jackson.

It was painted hot pink (don't laugh), bolt on neck, headstock says "jackson made in usa", kmd pickup in neck position, jackson humbucker in bridge position, one volume knob, one 3 way selector switch, active electronics, jumbo frets, unfinished neck.

Was this a stock guitar with a standard paint job, a stock guitar w/ a custom paint job, or a completely custom guitar?

thanks for the help!
    Jay

Originally posted by jaydillon View Post
    I have a jackson I bought in 1989 and I can't figure out the serial plate. It is a bolt on neck and the plate says "jackson made in usa" with the address "p.o. box 245 San Dimas, ca 91773" Serial # is 2615.

the only info I can find that matches this serial plate is that it should read "charvel" instead of jackson.
    That's what you get for looking at a Charvel serial number list and not a Jackson serial number list.
    Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

The plate is legit.

Your guitar was made sometime between 1987 and 1989.

Pretty much anything made before 1990 is a Custom Shop guitar since they were all built to order at that time.
    Granted a lot of them shared some standard features, so the level of "customization" varied.
    Dealers also ordered some with common specs just to have some in stock.

Throw up some pics... would love to see it.
    -Rick

Comment

I looked at the serial list that you linked to, but the number fell in the ontario factory while the plate has the san dimas address. Was it made in ontario but the plate listed san dimas on those models?

I will put up some pics, but I am about to restore it since it has been put up for several years. Ready to repaint and replace the jackson bridge.

Comment

Yep... a majority of the SD plated Jackson's were in fact made in Ontario.

Jackson had tons of San Dimas plates leftover when they moved to Ontario, so they continued to use them.
        Made good business sense to use them. I can't imagine several thousand plates were cheap enough to just toss them.
        -Rick

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...&id=1061974715 This is the only photo I can access now.

Comment

Yep all were custom orders at that time.Pink is cool as hell on those guitars IMO.
            And yes I'm not alone there a few pink guitar lovers on this forum.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X