Indian cedro body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian cedro body

hello there.. i was planning to buy a Jackson JS30KV electric guitar... because it falls within my budget (i know i sound cheap and crappy but thats my budget).. however... i have never heard of any wood called "cedro" ... as far as i know ... Jacksons have been widely known for using ALDER as their main wood.. some models like the KV2T, and SLSMG have Mahogany wood and others may have basswood..

anyway my question is.. what is this INDIAN CEDRO WOOD.. i mean the guitar wont have terrible/horrible tone right?

some websites say that the JS30KV has INDIAN ALDER wood.. (music123.com....guitarasylum.com) but i guess Jackson's own website should be telling the truth..

It's a form of cedar. cheap soft wood that can chip and dent easily but is not that bad tone wise. Used a lot more for acoustics.

Comment

U mean its not better than basswood?.. and its used more for acoustics? u mean it wont work great with distortion? not for a metal player?

Comment

*LOL* You're good at reading things into stuff, aren't you?

Comment

I've had a few cedro Jacksons, and didn't hate the tone of the wood. It's related to mahogany in its own little way, though it's more porous and not as dense. As was stated, it's like cedar, but cedar has been used for furniture that lasts for decades and they use thinner pieces than are used for Jacksons.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Not metal enough?WTF? distortion is in the amp not the guitar.
            Cedro is OK and not a bad tone wood at all just very cheap and avaliable in India thats why they use it.
            I've played the MII Jacksons and they play just fine.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Try doing a search on "cedro" here, I'm sure we've discussed it before. I know I have.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by bluescorpx93 View Post
                U mean its not better than basswood?.. and its used more for acoustics? u mean it wont work great with distortion? not for a metal player?
                I'm pretty sure it has no effect on distortion or what music you play.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

its probably not better then basswood, cause basswood is actually a really awesome tonewood

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                    its probably not better then basswood, cause basswood is actually a really awesome tonewood
                    What's so awesome about Basswood? It's rather flat isn't it? Compared to Mahogany, Alder and yes even the Indian Cedro.

Comment

What's so awesome about Basswood? It's rather flat isn't it? Compared to Mahogany, Alder and yes even the Indian Cedro
                      Why don't you ask Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and John Petrucci just to name a few why some of the signature guitars are made from it?

Comment

Is that really a fair comparison for Basswood don't those guys use lots of effects? Which would really make the guitar's wood a very small factor in there sound? I don't know, just putting a thought out there. I can't see Indian cedro being a bad wood as Fender is just trying to get the guitars made cheaper if they sounded like crap because of the wood they would lose alot of us Jackson faithful as spreaders of the word to potential first time buyers. I would'nt think they would crap in there own nest, they probably have alot invested in Jackson. And if they own Jackson star they better get off their butts and offer us some of the same guitars offered over there. At least the Rhoads original that's on there website. That guitar is a thing of beauty.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Is that really a fair comparison for Basswood don't those guys use lots of effects? Which would really make the guitar's wood a very small factor in there sound? I don't know, just putting a thought out there. I can't see Indian cedro being a bad wood as Fender is just trying to get the guitars made cheaper if they sounded like crap because of the wood they would lose alot of us Jackson faithful as spreaders of the word to potential first time buyers. I would'nt think they would crap in there own nest, they probably have alot invested in Jackson. And if they own Jackson star they better get off their butts and offer us some of the same guitars offered over there. At least the Rhoads original that's on there website. That guitar is a thing of beauty.
                          Jackson's cheap guitars have been made from that wood LONG before fender bought them. I think you mixing up effects with active pickups-EMGs will make almost anything sound good. EVH the man with the legendary Brown sound doesn't have good tone??? You're kinding right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                            Jackson's cheap guitars have been made from that wood LONG before fender bought them. I think you mixing up effects with active pickups-EMGs will make almost anything sound good. EVH the man with the legendary Brown sound doesn't have good tone??? You're kinding right?
                            WOW you read alot into that.
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I thought Eddie's guitar was hard Ash, at least the original Frankie. He'd never tell, anyway. Hell, he'd probably make Kramer make the bodies of Basswood and tell everyone that's what he used while he "secretly" kept using Ash.

Comment

Working...
                              X