Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did

when did fender buy jackson?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

PFFFFT..oct 2002. good!!! hate to think I bought a fender!!!
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

That's an easy question, the hard one is the exact date they moved into the Corona facility!

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        PFFFFT..oct 2002. good!!! hate to think I bought a fender!!!
        I'd rather have a guitar from when they were owned by TONKA... or whatever that last company was...
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          I'd rather have a guitar from when they were owned by TONKA... or whatever that last company was...

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

fender bought jackson? Say what?!?!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

My jackson (DK1) by fender is the most awesome guitar I've ever owned!
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                fender bought jackson? Say what?!?!
                What?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OMG when will this Prefender post fender jackson BS stop? It doesnt make a difference. It's still the same people making the guitars as it was before. If anything fender decreased production times and improved things a bit.
                  Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                    OMG when will this Prefender post fender jackson BS stop? It doesnt make a difference. It's still the same people making the guitars as it was before. If anything fender decreased production times and improved things a bit.
                    Gil
                    That's a load of crap - look at what Fender's done to Jackson and Charvel Guitars:

Before:

After:

Fender's forced J/C to use those ugly, old style Bigsby guitar headstocks on most of their top models - all of the Charvel Customs Shops models, two Artist model Jacksons. Fender saying its OK for it to say "Jackson" or "Charvel" as long as it looks just like "Fender."
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Fender's forced J/C to use those ugly, old style Bigsby guitar headstocks on most of their top models - all of the Charvel Customs Shops models, two Artist model Jacksons. Fender saying its OK for it to say "Jackson" or "Charvel" as long as it looks just like "Fender."
                      Just like it was before fender sued them. And just what WE asked for.

Comment

I didn't become a Jackson freak until after the Fender thing. All I know is I have a 2008 SL-1 Burnt Cherry and it's the best playing/looking guitar I have ever layed my hands/eyes on. If there's a better Soloist I'd like someone here to explain how. Maybe I should have snagged a 20 year old Soloist from e-bay with rusted out hdwe/wasted pups/dinged up paint and said...but its pre Fender!!!! No thanks...
                        Let go, let Guitar

Comment

Originally posted by JacksoNeal View Post
                          I didn't become a Jackson freak until after the Fender thing. All I know is I have a 2008 SL-1 Burnt Cherry and it's the best playing/looking guitar I have ever layed my hands/eyes on. If there's a better Soloist I'd like someone here to explain how. Maybe I should have snagged a 20 year old Soloist from e-bay with rusted out hdwe/wasted pups/dinged up paint and said...but its pre Fender!!!! No thanks...

I understand, those freak'n old guitars suck!!!Man I am glad I sold my CS jackson long ago, and my 70 les paul, fuck that thing, I would much rather have a new one! As for the fender headstock jacksons I would love to have one, buy fuck you buy it and a month later you lose half the money you paid, thats just the stupid people out there that cause the prices of well made guitars resale prices drop! With ya all the way folks!

Comment

I'm not arguing post fender is better than pre fender. Just stating its a great guitar. I never had a pre fender jackson, but did have a pre fender charvel.
                            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                              I'm not arguing post fender is better than pre fender. Just stating its a great guitar. I never had a pre fender jackson, but did have a pre fender charvel.

Dude, I am just fucking around, they are all good!!! pre - post, whatever!! I just wish I knew more than three chord so I could really enjoy this U.S.A soloist len sent me!!! but on a side note, i have played newer gibbys that don't feel as good to me, but thats just me!!! I like what I like and every one else likes what they like, and have every right to do so!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X