So I bought an RR24m....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McD View Post
    Hmmm.... got pics? If someone used a paper shim, it would be unapproved and I would like to know.

Thanks!
    What are they supposed to use? I think my ProMod has some 3M sandpaper under the nut? I don't know what, if anything, is under my Adrian's nut...
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah... My Pro Mod had fine-grain sandpaper. My MIJ Soloist had a piece of lexan.

Comment

I

I've also used a business card as well...cut to taste...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Its important to understand that you're not actually "stretching" the strings. You're tightening the windings around the tuning post. Since the locking nut takes the tuners out of the equation, there's no reason to do this.
          I've never heard this before, and experience tells me otherwise. :think:

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            I've never heard this before, and experience tells me otherwise. :think:
            Like I said above - do what works for you.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              What are they supposed to use? I think my ProMod has some 3M sandpaper under the nut? I don't know what, if anything, is under my Adrian's nut...
              All of those suggested will work. I know Floyd Rose sells different thickess shims made out of stainless steel. I have seen people use business cards (as mentioned), playing cards, plastic, brass, and steel shim stock. We have to remember that once the shelf is cut for the nut, the only way to adjust the nut up is by using a shim underneath it.
              The same shim materials are often used in the neck pocket to adjust the neck angle on bolt ons.

Glad top see you got your issue resolved.

Comment

Proper Floyd Nut shims. They can be cut down as well, if the nut is low to one side.

http://www.axcessories.com/products.asp?cat=24
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Sorry its taking a bit with the pics cant find the damn cable.

Comment

Working...
                  X