Jeff Beck Orange Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeff Beck Orange Jackson

I'll ask Elliot that when he gets back. I know where there is a black EE model with a red pickguard. It has been on display at the store for atleast 10 years now. I can set anyone up with contact info if they want it.

[ June 06, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Found the article. I'll paraphrase, so you don't have to read the whole thing if not interested...

"Q: At one time, you had a Kramer signature model guitar.

A: ...Looks-wise, I was inspired at the time by that orange Jackson guitar Jeff Beck was playing around the time of his Flash album."

Here's the full article:

http://www.vguitar.com/artists/details.asp?ID=107

Comment

P.S.- Sometimes, the net's search engines come through! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have some more detailed pictures of the auction Spectrum if anyone thinks they can verify how authentic it is.

Comment

send em.... i'm sure it's real, but they probably just put that logo on.

jsullysix at aol.com

[ June 06, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: jsullysix ]
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I asked for pics which he sent but I also asked him if everything was original and have yet to hear a reply. It's only been a day though.

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

As Sully pointed out the pickguard is wrong too. It looks like a 3 ply and it should be one. The rest is real Spectrum.

Comment

not sayin it's wrong, per se.... spectrums changed a fair amount in the short time they were available. hell, mine had a jt6 and no scalloped heel. most of the later spectrums had the jt500 and a scalloped out heel. probably not fake, but the logo thing is odd.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Anyone know how I could find out the serial number for the Jeff Beck Jackson? I asked Matt at OSG to get a quote from the custom shop and they asked me for the serial number. I guess they can't look it up without it. Anyone care to guess what body wood was used? I've always liked mahogany.

Comment

That sounds like a mis communication to me. Maybe Jackson thought you wanted build info on the original?

Comment

Originally posted by wodka:
                        Anyone care to guess what body wood was used? I've always liked mahogany.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wild @ss guess: standard Soloist of that era. Maple center, alder or poplar body sides. Then again, JB did use LPs a long time ago, so he could have asked for mahogany. I doubt it, though. That would be extremely rare for a San Dimas.

Besides, who cares? No one's going to see the wood under that orange paint. Get what you want, as long as it looks like JB's. I've gotta admit, I've considered getting this one built, too. Probably won't, though. ...Got too many custom ideas floating around in my head, though. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X