Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 String USA Jacksons

Hey Guys,

I bought my first jackson 5months ago, a USA soloist s2lh an absolute BRUTAL GUITAR!! and Im starting to get that 7 String BUG!!

I want a 7 String Jackson, my question do they make USA 7 Strings, do they make good 7 strings, if not who shall I buy one from ESP/ibanez etc

CHeers in advance

There is no production 7 string but you could go custom shop
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

There's the COW (Christian Olde Wolbers) 7-string archtop Dinky, but it's Japanese.
      Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Someone here mentioned there might be a USA production 7 coming next year at NAMM, but we'll have to wait and see.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

whats the wait on a custom shop 2 - 3 years or somethign crazy?

Comment

heard it wwas like 8 months maybe 6
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

SERIOUS!!

6-8months is GOOD!!

7 string soloist with snakeskin finish!!

any idea on the price of a private custom shop? ruffly

say OFR, Snakeskin paint, Soloist S2LH

Comment

probably around 4k

Comment

Yeah, $4,000 and a 6-8 month build time sounds about right. I've been considering ordering a 7 string myself.

By the way liquidtensionJP, is your name a reference to band Liquid Tension Experiment? If so then fuck yeah! DT/LTE are incredible. Petrucci is a fucking god.

Comment

Don't hold your breath on the 8 months... figure pry 14 or so...
                  Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

As has already been said, there's the COW and the COW if you want a Jackson 7. Some older models can be had used, but from what I've gathered they can't hold a candle to comparable Ibanez 7s.
                    I own an RG7620 and a Schecter C7 Hellraiser. Both are very nice guitars, but not made in the USA. Feelwise, the Schecter has a somewhat thicker neck as the Ibanez (not much of a surprise, really) but it's not like you're holding a baseball bat. It's very comfortable. I did not like the EMGs, so I switched to Duncan Blackouts and am now a happy camper with that guitar. I've got the version with the fixed bridge, but you can get it with a Floyd too.
                    The Ibanez has the usual Ibby features - thin, fast neck, basswood body, and the RG762x comes in varieties with (7620) or without trem (7621) as well. You'll have to go used, but these guitars are excellent bang for the buck and are not inferior to the 1527 which costs twice as much. It has some kind of Blaze-similar OEM DiMarzios in the stock version, which sound neat but lack a little punch on the low B as far as I'm concerned, albeit still sounding very decent. If you want something expensive, there's still the Steve Vai sig 7 string (Universe, UV777) or the Ernie Ball Petrucci sig. Expect to get raped, however.
                    The guys at sevenstring.org seem to really like Agile guitars, no idea where they build their stuff but it seems to be good. There's also a wealth of information about the guitars I mentioned and many others, you could do some research over there as well.

Comment

There's a couple of COW 7 strings on Ebay I think right now. A red one, and maybe silverburst?

Comment

They will make sevens

...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by matt crooks View Post
                          they will make sevens

awesome guitar!!!

Comment

one of the dealers has a 7 string soloist in their section... just saying...
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Wow that RR is amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X