Jackson needs to endorse Jeff Loomis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson needs to endorse Jeff Loomis

Jackson should indeed go after Jeff. He's a remarkable player and musician, his work never sounds clinical like numerous other guitar players. Not to mention his band is so well loved and respected in the metal community, he would be a huge asset to the Jackson family.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Jackson needs to endorse Jeff Loomis

You will find support for Jeff right here... http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=6;t=000198

And here... http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=6;t=000199
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

cool , I figured if any body was into Nevermore it would be the folks here....Real Metal Guitar....come on Jackson...Loomis 6 and 7 strings!

Comment

From all that I have heard he has a custom ESP or something.

Comment

Yes he does use ESP, as does their bass player. I don't see why Jackson can't lure them away though.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I don’t even think its custom. At least not when he first got em. ESP just sent them some LTD's for their video shoot of "Believe in Nothing". ESP said "Keep em" so Jeff took his apart and swapped the HZ with 707's. He said he set it up his way. Not sure if he swapped any other hardware. I wonder if he has a custom now.

Comment

When I saw them on the DHIADW tour, Jeff had a blue 7-string LTD, and I believe Jim had a black LTD bass. Jeez, you'd think ESP would give them real ESPees, but they probably said hey, if it's free, it's for me!

[ June 05, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The music's kinda cool, but the singer.... no. He just doesn't fit. They need Ken's (WarriorX7) singer instead. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                  The music's kinda cool, but the singer.... no. He just doesn't fit. They need Ken's (WarriorX7) singer instead. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Warrel Dane rules! True, his style probably isn't for everybody, but you should listen to the old Sanctuary albums... he hits those falsetto notes. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] He can still hit the high notes, just doesn't do it as much. Without Warrel and his awesome lyrics and vocal style, it just wouldn't be Nevermore, even though the band kicks major ass!

Comment

If Loomis and Jim are playing LTDs Jackson should send them some customs and get them hooked. I know different people like different things but come one, I'm sure a USA Jackson could mop the floor with an LTD. If they sent them a couple to mess around with, they would probably get hooked. Unless ESPee is in the process of making them some customs. Anyone have links to the Believe in Nothing video? I always heard about it, but could never find it. Thanks to anyone who can let me know.

Comment

Sorry Guys i like Jeff and everthing but this is nothing but BullSh@

Why should Jackson/Fender send any one a $2000 guitar.

I play Jackson because I WANT TO..... Not because i was bought with free guitars......

if he wanted to play Jacksons he would go and buy one

i remeber a interview a while back when Dave Mustine was asking Danny Spitz how to get a Jackson endorsment, Well Danny said PLAY NOTHING BUT JACKSON..............................
                      i would have to agree with him there are alot of other guitar players out there that all they play are Jackson and they spend there hard earned money on these guitars for a reason.
                      They LOVE them.

Comment

I believe Dave and Steve have stated that Jeff has owned quite a few Jacksons at one time and wound up selling them. Why, I don't know exactly, but I guess bills have to get paid somehow.

Comment

Whelp, maybe he didn't like them, in which case Sid is right on the money.

Comment

Actually he said he loves Jackson. But I think it was totally about the need of cash. He said he "Had to sell em".

Comment

You might now be getting free gear, but don't try to tell me that if someone offered you wouldn't take it. To Jackson they're not $2000 guitars, they're a few hundred dollars of VERY cheap ADVERTISING. I'll say it again even though none of you can understand it... ENDORSEMENTS ARE NOT ABOUT SKILL, THEY ARE NOT ABOUT WHO YOU LIKE AND DON'T LIKE. ENDORSEMENTS ARE NOT A STATEMENT OF A PLAYERS SKILL OR EVEN PREFERENCE IN GUITARS. ENDORSEMENTS ARE CHEAP ADVERTISING FOR THE GUITAR COMPANY AND CHEAP/FREE GEAR FOR THE ARTIST, NOTHING MORE. Yeah, there are some endorsements that are because of the artists relationship with the company. Usually they've been endorsers for years already and by now it's just a matter of tradition. If you're on MTV right now, you have an excellent chance of getting an endorsement from any damn company you want. You know why? Because every video the company's name is in, every magazine ad, every article and write-up about you, every time you jump around with that logo near you, you are ADVERTISEMENT.

Oh, and another thing, very few Jackson endorsers over the past few years got anything for free. Even Mustaine was paying for s**t. I know, I've seen the invoices.

And, again, hands up all those that would turn down getting guitars at or near cost just for playing them onstage.

Comment

Working...
                              X