Jackson needs to endorse Jeff Loomis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson needs to endorse Jeff Loomis

this topic is moving so fast that we are almost chatting [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Sid, I read your post fine the first time, rough spelling and all. I just dismiss the validity of your position.
      Dan and Dave had that conversation in a different era than now exists, where Jackson is now more marginalized in the market. They need to seek endorsees, not
      the other way around. The late 80s-early
      90s are long gone; I miss 'em too, but too bad for us, they're over and so is Jackson's position as a highly-sought endorsement sponsor, except folks here at JCF. The Jackson star has been falling since '91, and if FMIC is getting
      some Jacksons in young bands' hands now,
      why not someone like Jeff Loomis as well?
      They could coyugh up the $20k to match ESP too, if they look at the big picture
      of improved sales=healthier company.
      Think of the company's survival, not whether it'll cost you $100 - $200 more for a guitar. You can't get 'em at all
      if the company's not there, right?

Jackson needs an infusion of currently relevant artists to advertise their prescence to aspiring players whose brand
      loyalty will be set - as yours was - in their musically formative years. They have to go after them, no one's going to them, because Ibanez and ESP are waving guitars and cash in their faces. Jackson
      has to become competitive again to again
      be a major player in the heavy rock world
      and Jeff would be a great guy to have aboard.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Chuck: I have never claimed to be the almighty when it comes to things like this, but I do know a bit more about it than most people here because I have in fact seen how it works from the inside. Endorsements are nothing but advertisements for a company and free/cheap guitars for artists. This is not brain surgery to figure out. I guarantee you that if the dude from the White Stripes wanted to play Jacksons, they'd send him a couple over ASAP. There you go, instant ads on MTV and in dozens of magazines. All for the low price of a couple of guitars. It just bugs the hell out of me when people can't understand this. It isn't about talent or skill, it's about selling guitars.

I don't expect anyone here to kiss my ass because I sat up imports for a few months. Hell, I don't even expect anyone here to like me. I don't care either way. 99.9% of what I say comes from the fact that I'm an opinionated bastard and this is a board for discussing opinions. It has nothing to do with past employment at all. I've seen how the endorsement process works. I know the criteria used. Will this guy sell guitars? Is he a good ambassador for this country? And, least important of all, does the music suck?

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
          Sorry Guys i like Jeff and everthing but this is nothing but BullSh@

Why should Jackson/Fender send any one a $2000 guitar.

I play Jackson because I WANT TO..... Not because i was bought with free guitars......

i remeber a interview a while back when Dave Mustine was asking Danny Spitz how to get a Jackson endorsment, Well Danny said PLAY NOTHING BUT JACKSON...............
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Since no one's trying to buy you Sid, you don't really know WHAT you'd do. Easy to talk holier-than-thou when you'll never get the tempation of an offer. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't Sid also sell his Jackson dragon V and say he was giving up music not too long ago? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

whew...this thread is getting big quick...after talking with mcd a few times over email, i can tell you he comes across as a very cool guy, and IS very concerned about people playing jackson guitars (and not playing esp or ibanez)...how will that play out in the endorsement field?...no-one is saying right now but i think good things are coming in the future...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yea Jackson Shuld give away there imports ad they should also make there imports better but that is not up to us.
              Originally posted by lerxstcat:
              Sid, I read your post fine the first time, rough spelling and all. I just dismiss the validity of your position.
              Dan and Dave had that conversation in a different era than now exists, where Jackson is now more marginalized in the market. They need to seek endorsees, not
              the other way around. The late 80s-early
              90s are long gone; I miss 'em too, but too bad for us, they're over and so is Jackson's position as a highly-sought endorsement sponsor, except folks here at JCF. The Jackson star has been falling since '91, and if FMIC is getting
              some Jacksons in young bands' hands now,
              why not someone like Jeff Loomis as well?
              They could coyugh up the $20k to match ESP too, if they look at the big picture
              of improved sales=healthier company.
              Think of the company's survival, not whether it'll cost you $100 - $200 more for a guitar. You can't get 'em at all
              if the company's not there, right?

Jackson needs an infusion of currently relevant artists to advertise their prescence to aspiring players whose brand
              loyalty will be set - as yours was - in their musically formative years. They have to go after them, no one's going to them, because Ibanez and ESP are waving guitars and cash in their faces. Jackson
              has to become competitive again to again
              be a major player in the heavy rock world
              and Jeff would be a great guy to have aboard.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Toejam yes i sold my Flying V and said i am out of here but what i ment was i am out of the guitar collecting thing i have Two guitars and that is really all i need.
                also what does that have to do with Jeff and endorsments
                Originally posted by toejam:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
                Sorry Guys i like Jeff and everthing but this is nothing but BullSh@

Why should Jackson/Fender send any one a $2000 guitar.

I play Jackson because I WANT TO..... Not because i was bought with free guitars......

i remeber a interview a while back when Dave Mustine was asking Danny Spitz how to get a Jackson endorsment, Well Danny said PLAY NOTHING BUT JACKSON...............
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Since no one's trying to buy you Sid, you don't really know WHAT you'd do. Easy to talk holier-than-thou when you'll never get the tempation of an offer. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't Sid also sell his Jackson dragon V and say he was giving up music not too long ago? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[ June 06, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

You're right on one point Chuck. I think a better phrase would have been "I'll say it again because SOME of you here DON'T WANT TO understand it". I have no doubt that you know how endorsements work, I quite obviously wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular. I'm sorry that you took it that way. If I've ever sounded like I was talking down to someone it wasn't intentional. I type like I talk and the lack of emotion (especially humor) inherent in text has got me in trouble on messageboards more than once. There are people with much worse attitudes on this forum than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
                    Toejam yes i sold my Flying V and said i am out of here but what i ment was i am out of the guitar collecting thing i have Two guitars and that is really all i need.
                    also what does that have to do with Jeff and endorsments
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know what you meant. I was just goofing with ya! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Lighten up, Francis. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There are people with much worse attitudes on this forum than mine.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sure there are. Name one? Just kidding.

I'm sorry I jumped down you throat, Black Mariah. I have been a bit of a prick lately. Must be that time of the month! I said things I shouldn't have. I got all upset, and you handled it like a champ. Bravo.

Other than the part of your post I choose to take offense to, I agree 100%, as usual.

Party on, Wayne?

Comment

No problem, dude. I tend to forget that statements such as "You're all dumbasses" could be taken the wrong way if the person reading it isn't in the same frame of mind that I was when I wrote it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Believe me, I've pissed people off a LOT more than that.

Party on, Garth! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Black Mariah, you don't know anything more about endorsments than I do, and I don't give a damn where you worked.

I am damn sick of you talking down to people as if you WERE the all knowing, that was my point. Saying crap like "I'll say it again even though none of you can understand it...", really pisses me off.

Of course you didn't claim to be the all knowing dickweed. Please avoid the basic side step crap here, OK? I KNOW how endorsments and martketing work, please don't feel obligated to enlighten me again, OK?

Comment

Working...
                          X