Shannon Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Soloist

I put a ding in my guitar, and was wondering if anybody can recommend a luthier to repair it. I have kept it blemish free for 10 years and now this. It really sucks!

I had Dan Erlewine fix a LP Classic Premium Plus for me, but that was a nitro finish (easier).

Comment

even if it's fixed, you'll still see it. poly doesn't burn into itself like lacquer does.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Somebody is going to figure out how to do perfect repairs on poly finishes, open up shop, and make a bazillion dollars someday. I hope.

Comment

They already do... By doing complete resprays. All that prep time adds up to $$!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            They already do... By doing complete resprays. All that prep time adds up to $$!
            Nah, with all of these kickass 80's guitars crossing the 20 year "vintage" threshold, that's no longer a good solution.

Comment

I shouldn't worry about it much then, it is not like I am going to sell it. I still need to scan the tag when I purchased it that says the wings are basswood. I know the other one's are alder.

Comment

Originally posted by scottd23 View Post
                I shouldn't worry about it much then, it is not like I am going to sell it. I still need to scan the tag when I purchased it that says the wings are basswood. I know the other one's are alder.
                Huh? I thought the Shannons were poplar.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Huh? I thought the Shannons were poplar.
                  +1
                  ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Yes you're right Poplar. I will scan that as soon as I can.

Comment

Working...
                    X