the crackel rhoads and ups//////////////

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the crackel rhoads and ups//////////////

[img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

man do you guys remember the lava crackel rhoads of mine you know the orange and black one.....

well i sold it to the guitar sweeper for $775.00
    and i sent it ups...

....the knob for the emg was ripped out or broken off...i dont remember which...maby he will tell you.....man cant ups do any thing right....
    well i probably have to pay for the damages now...this sux ass [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Re: the crackel rhoads and ups//////////////

Why do you have to pay for it? You insured it, right? You exceeded UPS guidelines in wrapping/packing it, right? Then you have nothing to lose. Is the broken volume knob the only thing wrong or is there other damage? I say that because a replacement knob is around $5. If you file a claim, they may take the guitar and issue you the insured value. I received a guitar with minor headstock damage where the tip was cracked. Other than that, no probs, so I repaired it myself and let it be. I did tell the seller, and he did offer to file a claim, but for such a minor little thing...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

the guitar sweeper..never wanted me to insure it....
      so i really have no case...
      oh by the way..
      they packed it..

and the know was missing completely

Comment

the guitar sweeper..never wanted me to insure it....
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did he refuse insurance or just not say anything ?

Matt

Comment

he said that i didn't have to insure it..
          thats all i know

Comment

How unlike Hal to not want insurance...Well, don't ever ship without insurance, on a $775 guitar through UPS it's like $2.25 to insure it. You can't trust anyone these days...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

If he didn't want insurance it's not your problem.
              We must!
              We must!
              We must increase the bust!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!
              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1:
                If he didn't want insurance it's not your problem.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree totaly. It's up to the buyer to know the risks involved with not opting for insurance. From the information you've given us here, you are clearly not at fault. UPS insurance is cheap and it's worth every penny to purchase.

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

hmmm...sounds like an emg player at ups needed a knob... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Isn't insurance like 30 cents or so for every $100 of insurance? Not that it should have been fukked up by UPS, but who's the idiot for not insuring it?!?
                    Anyway, like Chris said, if Hal didn't want it insured, not your problem, really.

[ June 06, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Label:
                      oh by the way..
                      they packed it.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They packed it? Of course they fukked it up then, if you let them pack it and got no insurance for it. How hard is it to pack a guitar on your own? Where's your brain? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

toejam,

That is totally uncalled for. Insurance is a give...you should always get insurance. Having UPS pack it is actually a good idea when it is offered. The reason is that they can never claim that the item was packed to their specifications therefore nullifying the insurance claim. It would be very hard for them to explain in court how they didn't pack and item to their own specs.

Comment

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with shipping companies for God's sake. Killed in shipping seems to be one of the major causes of guitar death. Forget little Timmy trashing and breaking his SD Charvel back in the 80's, it's when he sold it and it got broken in shipping that finished it off.

I've only had good luck in getting stuff sent from the US (one more to go, fingers crossed) it's a thought that always crosses my mind when a guitar is in transit.

Over here, a cost effective and safe way to get stuff delivered is actually thru an interstate bus company. They started selling off extra luggage space to people wishing to send things interstate. It's only a short walk to pick it up from my work but if you're not close it's only $6 extra to get the guitar couriered to you. I got one this way and sent the Soloist Pro I sold this way. It's a pretty cruisy ride for the instrument and quite safe. Normal courier is a lot more expensive over here.

Comment

Wow, no Insurance on a guitar, that`s kinda odd [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] I would never ship a guitar without it, no matter what the cost and I request it when I buy one. I hope you guys can work this out, but I say no insurance, no claim unfortunately. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                            X