Body type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body type

This is simlar to another thread. But what drew your attention to your favorite body shape? (preferably jackson) Be it looks, comfortability either sitting or standing, weight, or an artist. Mine is the firebird because of tone, sitting, standing, and OF COURSE looks.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Mine is the fusion because of tone, sitting, standing, and OF COURSE looks.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      Mine is the fusion because of tone, sitting, standing, and OF COURSE looks.
      haha OF COURSE
      I think fusions are sick because of the shorter scale.
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Possibly death kelly or warrior. In all realness the differant shapes arent going to make a huge differance in tone but I like the looks and theyre stable while standing.
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Warrior, looks sick, comfy to sit with. Then Rhoads.

Comment

Strat. Because Leo got it right 55 years ago.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

The Star

Comment

The Warrior. I'd had RR's before, so I knew how great Jacksons played, but I got my first Warrior just 'cuz I thought it was the coolest looking guitar around. I was surprised at how comfortable it was to play, being how oddly shaped it is, and have been hooked on 'em ever since.
                I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

King V. Its a flying V with all the bullshit chopped away.
                  All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

The 3-dr for me ..I love how small the body is on it

Comment

concert bass for me please
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Warrior. It's by far the most comfortable guitar I've ever played. And of course it looks great.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The Dinky / Soloist body style rules all others. It covers all of the bases, including the coolness factor. That's not just my personal opinion - that's just plain fact, as evidenced by J/C sales.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                            The Dinky / Soloist body style rules all others. It covers all of the bases, including the coolness factor. That's not just my personal opinion - that's just plain fact, as evidenced by J/C sales.
                            pfffft whatever....it IS a fact in your opinion

The strat is the number one selling body style out there. Sure a LOT of them are lower end/beginner guitars, but they outsell every other body style out there.

The only reason that the dinky is Jackson's #1 seller is because its the closest to the strat shape that they make.

Any of the full size strats are CS pieces or US Charvels and are out of reach for a lot of people moneywise.

If all of J/C dinky were regular strats size guitars as opposed to dinky's, and the dinky could only be had via CS or high end USA models, don't you think that the full size strat would top their sales? There are two reasons that the dinky shape sells so well. Number one is that is is shaped like a strat. Number two is because it can be had for cheap. Put those two together, and you've got a winner.

And yes the full size strat is my favorite style.
                            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                              The strat is the number one selling body style out there. Sure a LOT of them are lower end/beginner guitars, but they outsell every other body style out there.
                              I was only speaking about Jackson / Charvel body styles. So, yes, if you count all guitar maufacturers out there, the full-sized Strat-style is by far the most popular of all.

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                              The only reason that the dinky is Jackson's #1 seller is because its the closest to the strat shape that they make.

Any of the full size strats are CS pieces or US Charvels and are out of reach for a lot of people moneywise.

If all of J/C dinky were regular strats size guitars as opposed to dinky's, and the dinky could only be had via CS or high end USA models, don't you think that the full size strat would top their sales? There are two reasons that the dinky shape sells so well. Number one is that is is shaped like a strat. Number two is because it can be had for cheap. Put those two together, and you've got a winner.
                              Using your logic, J/C should switch all Soloist / Dinky production to full-sized Strat bodies to increase their overall sales like other manufacturers. Somehow I don't think that would work. :think:

The Soloist / Dinky body is a cool original J/C design, and that's why it is so successful and their best seller. And that's also why you won't ever see them replace Soloists and Dinkys with Strat...errr..."San Dimas" bodies. I like Strat bodies a lot, too. But I'll take a Dinky or Soloist body any and every day of the week, instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X