No announcement yet.

Jackson / Seymour Duncan / Dimarzio pickup wiring color chart - For your review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson / Seymour Duncan / Dimarzio pickup wiring color chart - For your review

Jackson Seymour Duncan Dimarzio Overall
    Black Black Red Coil 1 Pos
    Red White Black Coil 1 Neg
    White Red White Coil 2 Pos
    Green Green Green Coil 2 Neg

Sorry about the spacing - It keeps taking out my formatting - I will try to repost with a table

These are all verified on the J-80C pickups that came in my Charvel 3a. They also match up to the way series/tap/parallel connections are listed in the Jackson manuals, the Seymour Duncan site, and the Dimarzio site.

I am asking for people to review these since so many say that Seymour Duncan and Jackson pickups share the same wiring. In a standard configuration they do since the red and white wires from each are connected together. Its only when you mix pickups from Jackson and another manufacturer in a guitar like the 3a that uses the special 5 way switch that you realize there are polarity issues that come from the red and white being reversed.

Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I would add:

Huge selection of top brand guitar & bass electronics, pickups, parts & hardware. Plus hundreds of free guitar wiring diagrams.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Duncan and Jackson does have similar wiring colors. and pairs. but as Ive always said when using them together. Switch the green and black wires on one of the pups and it should be all good. I have a 750XL with a Duncan Custom custom in the bridge and a Jackson J50n in the neck and just swapped the black and green wires on the duncan and it was all it took.
        Gil

Comment

Working...
        X