No announcement yet.

NO guitar day... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my insurance guy to get back to me, too.

I guess two weeks isn't that long but wow, I hope I have something ironed out by 8 weeks!

Comment

Yeah it's getting a little ridiculous! Although yesterday i heard from the chick who owns the house (and therefor the insurance policy) and it looks like the insurance people are gonna organize me a store credit at a local guitar store.

In one way its cool coz i get to go buy me a couple of sexy new Jacksons for the collection, but i was kinda hoping to get some kind of cash payout so i could replace all the parts i need to rebuild the one i built myself.
      Oh well, i'm guessing they have some sort of kickback arrangement with the music store which is probably why they wanna do it this way

Comment

Update for good news... The "check is in the mail" as of today, supposedly. I have no reason to doubt the guy, so it looks like my $check should be here Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          Update for good news... The "check is in the mail" as of today, supposedly. I have no reason to doubt the guy, so it looks like my $check should be here Friday.

Hooray! I hope it's for a very substantial sum of money.

I can't think of any better use for a large sum of money that buying multiple guitars!
          I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Here's hoping its a fat one!
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Good to hear that your getting that fat check. I wouldn't know where to even start replacing guitars with a big check in my pocket!

Comment

The wife is down for a road trip, but there is pretty much ZERO USA Jackson inventory within 300 miles of me.

I did talk to a local store that's a Charvel/Jackson/Custom Shop dealer and (no surprise) they're "excited" to do some business with me, but there's probably 4 - 6 month wait on USA Selects and 6 - 18 months on Custom Shop orders.

It would be so easy just to order them from Guitar Center. :think:

Comment

Great news Dave!! Hopefully you don't lose out too much on the insurance company's "valuation." At least you should have fun shopping for new gear!! Be sure to post an extra special NGD thread to show us what all you end up with.

And Nafe...here's to everything working out for you as well...good luck! You could always buy a new guitar and sell it for fundage to buy parts to replace your build.

Comment

Glad to hear its in the mail bro.. Did they by chance say how much they settled for ?

Comment

• Yep, I got a total dollar amount from him. I have not seen an itemized list with dollar amounts for each guitar yet but he did tell me a few.

The Model '88 "replacement cost" they came up with was something like $970. I can't complain about that.

Plus, they're giving me money for a new SL2H and DK1 to replace my 13- and 7-year-old ones respectively.

I suspect they may have found me a "bargain" custom shop Charvel for mine, which, I guess I could complain about that, but all things considered I'm happy with the settlement.

Now, the thing is, it's like after buying a PC1, used USA Jacksons, new USA Jacksons, an American Standard Strat, etc., and knowing what I know about all of those, what it's like to have them, how they sound, etc... Well, if I had it all to do over, what would I do different?

And I do, so I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        Well, if I had it all to do over, what would I do different?
                        Hidden the Mark V at a friends house and reported that stolen as well...
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

• Dude, you crack me up. No, not like that.

I put the leftover cases in the basement... 3 Soloist cases an 2 "dinky" cases. I don't know what I'm gonna do with them.

The other ones, 2 Fender Strat/1 Universal Strat case/1 G&G cases work OK for my Warmoth and any other Strat-shape guitar. And I might build a couple more. Really liking my Warmoth now that I've been forced to play it exclusively for 3 weeks.

I did a couple of spec sheets for Custom Shop Soloists I'm going to get estimates on. I don't think I can stand to wait a year and a half, but I might. :dunno:

Comment

• Glad this all worked out for you. I've been following the thread and waiting for the insurance to screw you over. I'm glad it had a happy ending for you.

Comment

I put the leftover cases in the basement... 3 Soloist cases an 2 "dinky" cases. I don't know what I'm gonna do with them.
                              Put em up on classifieds...I'm sure there is someone out there that needs a case or two...or five.

Comment

Dude, you crack me up. No, not like that.

Are those the old style Jackson metal badged cases?

Comment

Working...
                                X