NO guitar day... :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO guitar day... :(

Yesterday the wife called when she got home from work to let me know that someone had smashed in the side door of our house.

Among a few other things, they took all of my Charvel/Jacksons. I'm kind of expecting they'll show up on Ebay at some point and I'll be looking for them. If you guys see them, let me know. These guitars are rare enough/customized enough that it would be really easy for them to be identified... And I really hope these assholes get caught.

Waiting for my ins. agent to call me back... Hopefully I don't get any bullshit on the coverage.

Hey man, I am sorry to hear about this. I hope you get these back.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Oh man, that blows! My condolences. You've got the pics, which is good. Hope you had all the serial numbers and stuff as well.

Good luck!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

oohh, that sucks dude. sorry to hear that...
        I hope they will show up again.
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I will be hunting ebay like none other! -sorry for you and your wife, wish all the best and that your insurance can follow through.
          Ratt & Roll

Comment

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I lost all my gear in a break-in in '91, but I was a poor student, so the $$ value wasn't nearly as high as yours. I still remember the shitty & creepy feeling of having assholes bust into my place, and I know it would be even worse now with a wife & kids. I hope you get your stuff back and whoever did this gets what's coming to them.

Comment

Fack. Unreal. I'd be combing pawnshops as well, which I'm sure you're doing if any are around.

The usual rules apply- Had any work done in the house lately? Had anyone come by from Craig's List lately? Talked to anyone about what you own lately? This wasn't just Captain Crackhead knocking in a door to see what he could grab- Obviously they had transportation to get all that stuff out of there and had enough time to do it. Do you have junky guitars that were NOT taken? That would be suggestive as well.

Did they get a bunch of other stuff?

I, like everyone here, will keep my eyes open. Where are you located?

Comment

They took some other stuff too... Not a lot of stuff, but stuff like a laptop and some irreplaceable items like a hand-made walnut jewelry box that my father made.

I'm fairly certain this was a "random" break-in where they think they scored big. But, what they got was mostly custom stuff that will be hard to pass off as not stolen.

What makes me think this wasn't a targeted "I know he has guitars" thing is that they did NOT take ANY of the cases! So now I have a bunch of worthless empty cases, and these guys got away with a bunch of fairly expensive guitars and NO cases. Several of the cases were actually stacked up on the floor in the room with the guitars and they didn't bother to take them.

I do have serial numbers for most of them.

I am located in Indianapolis, so if there's any other midwesterners around, keep an eye out for super-cheap Soloists with scratched off serial numbers and no cases.

Comment

Did they take the Mark V?
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    They took some other stuff too... Not a lot of stuff, but stuff like a laptop and some irreplaceable items like a hand-made walnut jewelry box that my father made.

I'm fairly certain this was a "random" break-in where they think they scored big. But, what they got was mostly custom stuff that will be hard to pass off as not stolen.

What makes me think this wasn't a targeted "I know he has guitars" thing is that they did NOT take ANY of the cases! So now I have a bunch of worthless empty cases, and these guys got away with a bunch of fairly expensive guitars and NO cases. Several of the cases were actually stacked up on the floor in the room with the guitars and they didn't bother to take them.

I do have serial numbers for most of them.

I am located in Indianapolis, so if there's any other midwesterners around, keep an eye out for super-cheap Soloists with scratched off serial numbers and no cases.
                    That's good, because that means they're stupid tools who wouldn't know a Harmony from a Hagstrom. They'll just go like good little crankheads down to the local pawn shop or to their fence, in which case you will see them soon enough.

I'd reach out to music stores in the area as well. A guy I know who runs a store out here has told me a bunch of stories about people walking in with stuff. He does a pretty good "used" business and only got burned once- And he said he should have known better on that one- some nice looking young lady walked in with a guitar that had actually been delivered to her neighbor's porch. Cops called to check & he gave it up. The rest of the time it's some guy who OBVIOUSLY has no idea what a 2001 Les Paul Custom is and comes in looking for $100.

Call those stores ASAP. I bet you get a hit pretty fast. It'll be that strathead charvel that eventually cracks the case.

Comment

Dude, so sorry to hear this. Like others have said, I'd be passing on all the info you can to the police, music dealers, pawn shops and scanning E-bay, Craigslist, etc.

Homeowners insurance typically excludes musical instruments from coverage, so you should look at your policy ASAP.

Then consider an alarm system, dogs, guns, and getting friendly with your neighbors who are police / state troopers for the future.

Hope you get them all back, and the dirtbags do time for their crime.

Comment

Sad story to hear. Hope everything goes well with your insurance company. Keep us posted.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

if they catch 'em, they should cut their balls off!
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Not cool. Sorry to hear about this. I'll keep an eye our for ya.

Comment

bastards!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X